Valvoline Nextgen 5w20 7,300 miles Ford Focus SES

Status
Not open for further replies.
My car is a 2008 Ford Focus SES with the stock 2.0L inline 4 engine. This UOA has made me a believer in the Nextgen line of oils . It will be my oil of choice from here on out.

Outoforder: What a nice first report for your Focus! Wear metals are reading right around averages which are based on about 6,100 miles for the Ford 2.0L I4. Based on these results, this appears to be a happy, healthy engine. You'll notice there's a lot of sodium present in this sample, but that's just from the Valvoline oil itself (Valvoline uses sodium as additive in most of their oils). The viscosity read in the 5w/20 range, and no contaminants were detected. Air and oil filtration look good here. Check back to build trends. Great looking engine so far!

Code:

Miles on oil: 7,300

Miles on Focus: 78,300

Aluminum: 3

Chromium: 1

Iron: 13

Copper: 1

Lead: 1

Tin: 2

Molybdenum: 2

Nickel: 0

Manganese: 1

Silver: 0

Titanium: 0

Potassium: 3

Boron: 8

Silicon: 14

Sodium: 251

Calcium: 1710

Magnesium: 10

Phosphorus: 563

Zinc: 628

Barium: 0

SUS Viscosity: 210F: 54.1

cSt Vicosity @ 100C: 8.52

Flashpoint: 410F

Fuel%:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: JerryBob
Nextgen is the recycled oil, correct?

Correct and being clearanced out at AutoZone for $1 a quart.

Originally Posted By: cancov

Correct and being clearanced out at AutoZone for $1 a quart.

Not here. Still regular price.

Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21

They prefer the term "re-refined"

My dog prefers to be called a "Canine American".

My dog prefers to be called a "Canine American".

Ikr mine too

There is a huge difference between recycled and re-refined.

It was my understanding that the term "recycled" was commonly used to describe used oil that has been cleaned/filtered and re-used. Re-refined oil has completely gone through the refining process (again) and is of the same or similar quality as crude after it's been refined, which is why I made the remark that I did.

People tend to make a big stink about it, insinuating that it's inferior and comparing it to buying used underwear... No joke, seen it before. It really isn't like that. It's every bit as "new" and good as the other Valvoline products on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
It was my understanding that the term "recycled" was commonly used to describe used oil that has been cleaned/filtered and re-used. Re-refined oil has completely gone through the refining process (again) and is of the same or similar quality as crude after it's been refined, which is why I made the remark that I did.

People tend to make a big stink about it, insinuating that it's inferior and comparing it to buying used underwear... No joke, seen it before. It really isn't like that. It's every bit as "new" and good as the other Valvoline products on the shelf.

By definition its recycled, however from the Q&A I took away that it goes through a refinement process again. I have no problem with it, UOA's back it up. I bought a ton (dino) at AZ on clearance, and I have used it (maxlife) in the past as well.

Either way, its the definition of conservation or conservatism. Its also Capitalism and the Free Market at work. No government forced them to do this. These are "good things" IMHO. Why some, supposed, conservatives and supposed free market capitalists are against such things boggles the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back