Valvoline Multi Vehicle replaces ATF +4?

Searching for trans fluid for my recently acquired 2004 Ram 1500 base, only 40k on it so I know the fluids original. I see in some places people recommend the Multi Vehicle, while others say only +4. Amazon currently has a sale on the Multi vehicle ($4.44 a q), and was wondering if this would be an approved replacement? The back of the bottle also states its "recommended" for these transmissions. Thanks

Don't use Maxlife where ATF+4 is required.

Instead, consider Redline C+

If you prefer something licensed, Chrysler publishes a list of licensed ATF+4 that includes Walmart brand. I know the site looks fake, but CQA does seem to be a real company

I wouldn't hesitate to use a multi fluid from a big name but make sure they at least say ATF+4.

I had no issues running a multi vehicle fluid in my 545RFE.

I just got finished changing the transmission fluid and filter on my Dodge truck today, 6 qts. Valvoline Full Synthetic +4 out (I measured it) and 6 qts. Valvoline Full Synthetic +4 in!
$5.00 regular price per quart from MENARDS then I get the 11% store credit, can't beat the deal!

Reactions: JC1

blupupher

Site Donor 2021
Yup, ATF +4 spec'ed transmissions are one of the only ones that I would use the required fluid in.
Luckily there are some cheaper (cost) fluids out there, including the Supertech fluid.

wdn

Castrol Transmax ATF+4 is licensed by Fiat Chrysler America as meeting the ATF+4 spec.

Audios

My local supplier has a 5L of the Chrysler fluid on sale. The listing says conventional but the bottle shows synthetic, so Ill stick with that. Less than 5.50 a q so not a bad deal.

Maxlife is primarily a dexron 6 clone. In this case it'd be best to stick with an atf+4 licensed product which can be found at walmart for pretty cheap or on the other end the redline c+ for about the highest end you can get.