Valvoline Modern Engine 0w-20 / 2017 Honda CR-V 1.5 DI Turbo / 6,080 miles

Sorry, I still haven't figured out how to post the UOA so that it does not have to download to view. Hopefully one of you nice gentlemen will fix it for me.
The fuel dilution issue from the previous UOA seems to be a little better as this sample was taken with the oil hot. The previous sample was taken cold after running the engine just long enough to pull the CR-V up on ramps.
As the title of the post states, the oil was in use for 6,080 miles and MM was at 30%.

Attachments

• 2022_01_26_12_06_560001.jpg
    2022_01_26_12_06_560001.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 378
So with your improved sampling technique, this hopefully shows actual operating conditions of the oil and has the typical Di fuel dilution that is technically without acceptable limits.

I say you run it until the MM triggers at 15% next time. No reason not to use up that last few extra miles out of the oil. The engine won’t mind it.

Thanks for posting, Scooter……

I know it’s additional dollars but it would be nice to see the TBN of this oil, especially after a 6k mile run in that specific engine.

So with your improved sampling technique, this hopefully shows actual operating conditions of the oil and has the typical Di fuel dilution that is technically without acceptable limits.

I say you run it until the MM triggers at 15% next time. No reason not to use up that last few extra miles out of the oil. The engine won’t mind it.
I may try running the oil a little longer. I was just eager to get the oil changed as it was a nice day and we had some screwy weather lately and I also wanted to install my new Fumoto F106SX drain valve.

I may consider that on the next sample.
There is nothing to consider. It is pretty much worthless without TBN and TAN measurements.
Your flash point is way down bcs. fual dilution.
Out of warranty? Next time ditch that and run Euro oils. Castrol Edge 0W40 would be good choice.

Back