Valvoline Maxlife vs Synpower w/ Maxlife Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
For only $4 difference, I'd use the SynPower MaxLife for 7.5k to 10k (and top off at 5-7.5k).

Originally Posted by rideahorse
Any body that uses that thin of oil and wonders why they burn some oil or have trouble with carbon should rethink what they are doing.

Carbon is there even if I use 10w30 instead of 5w20 or 0w20, it is the direct injection.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
Any body that uses that thin of oil and wonders why they burn some oil or have trouble with carbon should rethink what they are doing.

No need to rethink anything.

Yes I use a new oil almost every OCI and the Corolla just seems to like them all. I have so far never used more than a half quart in a 7156 mile OCI.

Indeed and both are not common.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

Yes I use a new oil almost every OCI and the Corolla just seems to like them all. I have so far never used more than a half quart in a 7156 mile OCI.

Well a half a quart in 7K miles is nearly insignificant also if you stick to a single brand consumption is likely to be less.

Originally Posted by PandaBear
For only $4 difference, I'd use the SynPower MaxLife for 7.5k to 10k (and top off at 5-7.5k).

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Go to Max Life Syn and extend the OCI to at least 8k, possibly 10k.

The blend is a good bit thicker if you hadn't compared pds's.

I had some cold start noise with blend that went away with a thinner full syn non-HM oil. Take that for what it's worth, which may be nothing.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back