Valvoline MaxLife Power Steering Fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put some of this in my 1995 Saturn with 169K miles (turkey baster method) recently. I'm the original owner and thought it was about time I changed the PS fluid (I had the brake fluid changed out, as well).

I noticed it is the variety with "stop leak." I did not have any leaks or problems. Should this be OK for my car?

Thanks,
Ryan

Should be fine... It probably just has seal conditioners in it that help make the seals more elastic. Won't do any harm IMO.

grin2.gif

Good stuff. I used it a 97 mustang I had that 86,000 miles on it. I did notice my stearing was a little smoother but that was more than likely the stuff I had was 6 years old.

Good fluid to use as a preventative measure before leaks occur.That's what Valvoline Techline told me when I asked this very question.Been using it for a couple of years now with good results.

Originally Posted By: Greaser
Good fluid to use as a preventative measure before leaks occur.That's what Valvoline Techline told me when I asked this very question.Been using it for a couple of years now with good results.

That's not biased on Valvolines part is it now?
LOL.gif

I like this stuff. Used in my 1970 SS396 and both quieted the power steering and essentially eliminated a leak from the hoses.

Don't think its recommended for Hondas though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back