Valvoline Maxlife full synthetic chat response, asked about moly.

I was curious about Maxlife after seeing the Nissan Sentra uoa posted here on BITOG. I asked their chat window person this:

Hey Zachary,I have a Valvoline question. What is the ppm of molybendum in the current API SP rated Valvoline Maxlife Full Synthetic 10W30?

Here's what he told me:

Zachary
01:15 PM
It does not contain this additive. Can we help with anything else?

I was curious about Maxlife after seeing the Nissan Sentra uoa posted here on BITOG. I asked their chat window person this:

Hey Zachary,I have a Valvoline question. What is the ppm of molybendum in the current API SP rated Valvoline Maxlife Full Synthetic 10W30?

Here's what he told me:

Zachary
01:15 PM
It does not contain this additive. Can we help with anything else?
Thought he said she’s off for the holidays 😏

You guys are getting no help from these blenders on what is in the oils, give it up already 😂

No matter what,you'll never know what the true story is of the oils makeup,not even in a VOA!

Last edited:
Probably made old Zacharys day. Poor guy stuck working on Christmas Eve, staring at the computer screen and wishing he was anywhere else but there...

Might've helped if you'd spelled molybdenum correctly.

You guys are getting no help from these blenders on what is in the oils, give it up already 😂

No matter what,you'll never know what the true story is of the oils makeup, not even in a VOA!
Never know the true story? It carries specifications, licenses and approvals that tell the story of the oil. Of course some brands don't have those so you're required to resort to trying to read the tea leaves of a PDS or VOA, but not all blenders are like that.

You're capable of predicting the future performance of an oil via a PDS or VOA? I'm not.

Never know the true story? It carries specifications, licenses and approvals that tell the story of the oil. Of course some brands don't have those so you're required to resort to trying to read the tea leaves of a PDS or VOA, but not all blenders are like that.

You're capable of predicting the future performance of an oil via a PDS or VOA? I'm not.
Pour yourself a drink I've heard all about it 100's of time's before.

😉

Probably made old Zacharys day. Poor guy stuck working on Christmas Eve, staring at the computer screen and wishing he was anywhere else but there...

Might've helped if you'd spelled molybdenum correctly.
Haha no wonder why my Mac's spellcheck corrected it as "molybdenum" 🤣 Note to self, never try to outsmart a computer!:D I'm going to re-text ol Zacarias!

Molybendum that’s hilarious. Good to see there are still a bunch of clowns parked out here.

Pour yourself a drink I've heard all about it 100's of time's before.

😉
Fair enough but what's your response?

Being serious, I really can't predict performance based on those sheets. If they carry stringent approvals then I'm confident in the performance. But I'm not going to put myself in the position of substituting my limited predictive powers for what is a complex and demanding test under real-world conditions.

What ppm of moly (or tungsten or calcium) do you need in order to substitute for the wear, stay-in-grade and oxidation test requirements for Porsche A40?

Fair enough but what's your response?
My first response was that not good enough? Not really sure who you think you are on these forums always trying to get people to justify their actions but it really is for you to not be worried about.

Here was Derrick's response:

Hey Derrick,I have a question about Valvoline Maxlife Full Synthetic 10W30. What's the ppm of moly (molybdenum)?

Derrick
05:49 PM
We do not use moly in our oils.

My first response was that not good enough? Not really sure who you think you are on these forums always trying to get people to justify their actions but it really is for you to not be worried about.
What about the second part I added later? What ppm of moly (or tungsten or calcium) do you need in order to substitute for the wear, stay-in-grade and oxidation test requirements for Porsche A40?

I think Derrick has no clue as the analysis reports we have seen here show that Valvoline does use molybdenum.

No matter what,you'll never know what the true story is of the oils makeup,not even in a VOA!
But....Enquiring minds want to know:D
enquirer.jpg

What about the second part I added later? What ppm of moly (or tungsten or calcium) do you need in order to substitute for the wear, stay-in-grade and oxidation test requirements for Porsche A40?

I couldn't care less about requirements for a Porsche nor did I even mention anything about Porsche?! 🙄

Somewhere Kenny Roger's song playing in the background... " You got know when to fold em, know when to walk away... Know when to run" ...

Let it go kschachn... It's the time of year to let it go...

:LOL:

Back