Valvoline Maxlife Full Syn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have any info on this oil? Did the search and found nothing. Also just got this oil at my store. Recently posted about the Chevron High Mile stuff. The chevron stuff is going for $1.99 and the Valvoline maxlife synthetic is going for $4.99 a quart.

Interesting! $4.99qt it might be decent. I'm lovin all these new oils!
grin.gif

A full synthetic Maxlife? Great. I think I will mix a quart of that with my regular Maxlife to boost the cold start and engine cleaning. Wonder when it will hit the shelves? What viscosities did you see it in?

So far, 5w-30, and 10w-30. It's at my store right now, so i'm sure if you go to any Kragen, Checkers, or Shucks, just ask the guy to see if he has any in the back and i'm sure he/she would be glad to get it. It's in our system so I could sell it ASAP even though we still have to do a planogram to fit it on our shelves.

TallPaul,
I understand your cold flow comment, But why do you think a different base will have any effect on cleaning ability? I thought all cleaning came from the additive package.
confused.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Lawrence Richards:
TallPaul,
I understand your cold flow comment, But why do you think a different base will have any effect on cleaning ability? I thought all cleaning came from the additive package.
confused.gif

If the base oil is made with some esters, those esters will provide additional cleaning ability.

It's brand new. It arrived at the Kragen that I work at last friday. I would call Valvoline today about it to get more info, but i've got class until 5pm and by then, valvoline will be closed.

I called Valvoline to find out more about this product. It is available and this is the info sheet they sent me. Looks promising!

Hope the quality isn't too bad. If anyone can't read it, email me and I'll redo the image conversion.
 -

quote:

Originally posted by Lawrence Richards:
TallPaul,
confused.gif

I was aware that esters are very good at engine cleaning (probably learned if from Patman), but also thought PAOs helped clean the engine or was it just that PAOs don't dirty the engine.

Check out the Maxlife semi-synthetic blends on the European Valvoline site. They have more synthetic than our regular maxlife and includes a 15w40, but I don't think they are as good as our Maxlife. Some of the specifications did not look as good, maybe using some Group I base oil over there.

[ January 28, 2004, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: TallPaul ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back