Valvoline Maxlife blend reformulated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Valvoline totally reformulated it's full synthetic offerings in light of the new D1G2 requirements and see that the blend does not carry any of the new specifications. Is the current formula the same? Is it still a sodium-based add pack? I can't find a thing on here or the web regarding any recent changes to the VM syn-blend formula. I understand that this is a highly regarded oil but was just curious as I'm considering running it in the newly-acquired 2003 Camry with 80k and an unknown maintenance history.

No Dexos1 Gen2 cert attached to that new Red Maxlife formulation.
Now I'm wondering if any HMs currently have both the SN Plus rating and Dexos1 Gen2 certs?
I will check Pennzoil Platinum HM bottle in my basement.

edit
Nope, no Dexos cert there. Just says SN Plus.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by csandste
ST syn Hi Mileage is Dexos

Indeed but currently using PPHM in a 2018 Silverado. Oh well I'm only going to run it to July then change it for other reasons.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
No Dexos1 Gen2 cert attached to that new Red Maxlife formulation.
Now I'm wondering if any HMs currently have both the SN Plus rating and Dexos1 Gen2 certs?
I will check Pennzoil Platinum HM bottle in my basement.

edit
Nope, no Dexos cert there. Just says SN Plus.

I know the super tech hm full synthetic Im using is both SN+ and dx1 gen2.

Originally Posted by oilmaven
I know that Valvoline totally reformulated it's full synthetic offerings in light of the new D1G2 requirements and see that the blend does not carry any of the new specifications. Is the current formula the same? Is it still a sodium-based add pack? I can't find a thing on here or the web regarding any recent changes to the VM syn-blend formula. I understand that this is a highly regarded oil but was just curious as I'm considering running it in the newly-acquired 2003 Camry with 80k and an unknown maintenance history.

Iyou really don't need to worry in your case if it's sn+ or dx1 gen2 or not. Your 03 Camry isn't gonna have lspi events regardless. I do think that maxlife was reformulated though.

Goodness you keep that motor hot !!ðŸ‘
Glad to see someone using a HM oil on an engine under the 75K mark. I've always been curious about running HM oil in a new engine. If it's good enough to keep a so called high mileage engine alive, then makes sense it should protect a new engine from getting old per say if that makes sense

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Goodness you keep that motor hot !!ðŸ‘
Glad to see someone using a HM oil on an engine under the 75K mark. I've always been curious about running HM oil in a new engine. If it's good enough to keep a so called high mileage engine alive, then makes sense it should protect a new engine from getting old per say if that makes sense

Can't change my own so restricted to coupon special oil changes. Used MaxLife red bottle on Soul at 40K. Also, used Dexos 1.1 red bottle on my Buick Encore from purchase at 50K to it's demise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back