Valvoline Maxlife ATF for BMW E90 with GM GA6L45R?

Idk how comfortable I am sitting under a car for hours knowing the car is sitting on jack stands 😅 😅. But, yeah I've got an AWD. I think I'll just stick with the Genuine BMW fluid. Rather be on the safe side than trying to use some other fluid that results in a messed-up transmission because I was trying to save $53 dollars buying non-BMW transmission fluid.
DTF1 is probably still best choice for xDrive.
Motul has one, so does Redline.

Yeah, I've got an X-Drive. BMW fluid for the Transmission of Transfer case?
Yes, BMW genuine fluid for the transfer case. It's expensive, but you only need 1 Liter of it I believe.

For both of these jobs I recommend getting one of those fluid transfer pumps, either a drill powered one or a hand pump.

Now I’m confused
Yes, BMW genuine fluid for the transfer case. It's expensive, but you only need 1 Liter of it I believe.

For both of these jobs I recommend getting one of those fluid transfer pumps, either a drill powered one or a hand pump.
I think shell or ATC is the OE from the factory. Per FCP:

I think I'll either buy the fluids off FCP and have my indy do it. Or just have my indy do it providing fluids too. I am not comfortable laying under a car for 2+ hours knowing the car is just supported by jack stands. If I had a lift, 🤷‍♂️ I would do it myself.

Cart to all the fluids needed:

Now I’m confused

I think shell or ATC is the OE from the factory. Per FCP:

I think I'll either buy the fluids off FCP and have my indy do it. Or just have my indy do it providing fluids too. I am not comfortable laying under a car for 2+ hours knowing the car is just supported by jack stands. If I had a lift, 🤷‍♂️ I would do it myself.

Cart to all the fluids needed:

Yeah pretty sure Shell is the fluid supplier for BMW DTF1. Can't go wrong with the stuff from FCP.

Dang $74 for the BMW DexIV, yeah definitely get the MaxLife, but everything else in your FCP cart is what I'd order.

Yeah pretty sure Shell is the fluid supplier for BMW DTF1. Can't go wrong with the stuff from FCP.

Dang $74 for the BMW DexIV, yeah definitely get the MaxLife, but everything else in your FCP cart is what I'd order.
LOL, my indy might try to have me stay away from Maxlife. 7L of maxlife would be $33 from Walmart. Saving $41. But, who knows maybe in the ling run that $41 could come to bite me on my ass

LOL, my indy might try to have me stay away from Maxlife. 7L of maxlife would be $33 from Walmart. Saving $41. But, who knows maybe in the ling run that $41 could come to bite me on my ass
get an off the shelf officially approved Dex VI or go the the nearest Chevy dealer. If anything goes wrong they will blame it on the maxlife.

Back