Valvoline Maxlife 5w-20 Blend (Red bottle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxlife_blend.JPG

Thinner than I thought it would be - thought it would closer to 8.8 - 9.0 cst. Nice to see lots of moly still in it....

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Maxlife_blend.JPG

I got this oil in my car and it's been roughly slightly less then 7000 miles on my current OCI on a Honda Accord, 2006 V6. I am about to change it out as the MMS is at -1700 but am I still good in terms of being safe especially since I am about to make the change any day now?? I am worried I could have gone too long. My previous oil was Motorcraft 5w-20 and I never went beyond 5-5.5 k on that oil. Is the Max-life good enough for 7k OCI? Btw, I am in hot and humid severe climate right now too.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Calcium could be a bit higher!

ya was just thinking that too, i would like to see more if i ran this oil..

Originally Posted By: 06VtecV6

I got this oil in my car and it's been roughly slightly less then 7000 miles on my current OCI on a Honda Accord, 2006 V6. I am about to change it out as the MMS is at -1700 but am I still good in terms of being safe especially since I am about to make the change any day now?? I am worried I could have gone too long. My previous oil was Motorcraft 5w-20 and I never went beyond 5-5.5 k on that oil. Is the Max-life good enough for 7k OCI? Btw, I am in hot and humid severe climate right now too.

The TBN is good on this oil so you are probably about at its limit at 7,000 miles.

High sodium ad pack designs are quite annoying. They sometimes throw off your eye for seeing other low level coolant contaminants. Castrol and Mobil5000/7500 are also sodium offenders.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pickled
High sodium ad pack designs are quite annoying. They sometimes throw off your eye for seeing other low level coolant contaminants. Castrol and Mobil5000/7500 are also sodium offenders.

Valvoline uses sodium in pretty much everything they make. There must be a good reason. I don't mind, as long as it's doing my engine some good.

Originally Posted By: wirelessF
Nice oil, loaded with moly. Might go with this instead of the full syn maxlife.

The full synthetic Maxlife has even higher levels of goodies in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back