Valvoline Import ATF ?s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if I could get some thoughts on Valvoline Import Multi- ATF as a replacement for Dex-III in a 2002 H4 Outback with the 4EAT (82k) and a 1998 2.4l Tacoma, which I believe is the A43D (110k). I know MaxLife gets a lot of love here, but the Subaru crowd seems to think the new formulation doesn't play as nice with the older transmissions. I'd like to find something that will work in both vehicles, and I'm not quite sold on spending the money for Amsoil/Redline yet.

My plan is to do several drain and fills in the neat future. I just picked up the Tacoma from my granddad and the ATF has been in there for quite a while. I wouldn't be surprised if it was original. Appreciate any guidance! I've learned a lot from my time lurking here.

Welcome to BITOG!
welcome2.gif

If the ATF has never been changed and you're still on the factory fill, then anything will do because new fluid is better than old fluid!

I hardly ever see the Valvoline Import Multi on a store shelf, but it is probably a quality product. That said, Maxlife should be fine for both transmissions, and the Maxlife brand in general is geared towards older high mileage cars.

But if you still don't want to use Maxlife, consider the more widely-available Castrol Import Multi which is also popular on here. Even a store brand Import Multi should satisfy you.

Castrol and the Maxlife are both great. I know those F-4EAT, 4EAT, F4AEL seem to really like the Maxlife Fluid. They have similarities as well.

I'd go with Castrol Import Multi Vehicle ATF.

Your older Scooby used dino based fluid and I would stick with that.
That Trans wasn't designed with synthetic fluid in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back