Valvoline"H.M." : any users ? If so did you ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
get less oil consumption , fewer or no leaks , better miles per gallon , or better engine performance as claimed by many consumers who wrote VALVOLINE that are posted at their site ? If so , was it the HIGH MILEAGE in the full synthetic ($20-21 a gal. at W-Mart ) or the blend ($11.97 a gal. at W-Mart) ? Thanks
popcorn.gif

They're both HM oils, the blend and the full synth.

I can't say enough about Valvoline MaxLife, it's been an excellent oil. I wish my Wal*Mart had the full synth in the 5 quart jug, but they only have the blend. Still, I've been very happy with it.

I like it. Even though I dont really care for the car anymore. I put in the full synth right before I got in this accident. I was driving it after I changed it and I decided I was going to get some wax for it. Ah well. I do check it to make sure it isnt low, and it has not consumed any. But consumption pretty much stopped when I fixed the valve cover.

MaxLife 5w30 SM is "Oil of the Year" in my 99 Camry 4 banger. The only oil today I will put in this sludge prone engine. WIX or NAPA GOLD filters.
In the last year, it has cleaned the engine to my satisfaction.
Yes, it removed carbon - - - - - - from the PCV and intake area.

We got 34.6mpg on the 1100 mile trip from Det to Destin FLA!! (that’s better than specs) 1500 miles on it and it is still looks like new!

Of course, the rest of the car is tuned to the "T", new struts, mounts, and link arms, new tires, air filter, timing belt, plugs & wires, TB cleaning, tyranny fluid drain & fill x7, diff fluid change, 4 wheel align, PS fluid drain & fill x5, Coolant flush, brake fluid flush, you know, the stuff we BITOG guys get OCD about.

Bottom line, Maxlife has removed the carbon - - - - - - from the PCV and intake, stopped the "puff of blue smoke" at startup, and makes this engine run quiet and smooth......

That would be Valvoline MaxLife dino blend 5w30 SM.

Of course it had a new PCV valve also. The oil filler cap area and the inside of the PCV tubing inlet had a thin black coat of carbon on them. After a year, short OCI’s, and about 6K miles, these areas look like they have been washed with solvent.

have the same coat inside the valve cover where filler cap is located as well . Were they 3,000 mile intervals w/ the "H.M." blend ? THANKS

It is sold in 5 quart containers at my local WalMarts. Not 1 gallon containers as you mentioned.

MaxLife 10W-40 is the lowest priced ACEA A3 rated oil I could find...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back