Valvoline FlexFill Gear Oil

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
Changed the gear oil in the Genesis today with Valvoline FlexFill 75w90 gear oil. There's no going back to regular gear oil bottles EVER. I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was. Not really any room to put a bottle up there, I have the nozzles with the hose that you screw onto the bottle but you can't beat gravity, the bottle needs to be higher up. With these pouches you just push the bottom in and the fluid flies in super fast.

Walmart has them for $12.67. Amsoil does the same thing with the pouches too, I think they were first.

BCC32B96-5242-4768-93CA-CA8FA4FDA75F.jpeg

Those pouches are awesome :D

Almost as awesome as designing a differential fill hole so you can just pour from a regular bottle :rolleyes:

Maybe they could make some kind of access door like they have with fuel pumps mounted in a gas tank but can be accessed from the rear seat :unsure:

Anyway, I found a cheap fluid pump for $5 at Ocean State Job Lot :cool:
They're like $20 on Amazon, so I knew some discount store would have it for less, though I still wasn't expecting $5 that's a great deal.

Pouches are great, but nothing to get bent out of shape. Slippery Pete gets it done every time.

Slippery Pete only pumps 5cc at a time. A quart is 946 cc :sneaky:

Something like this or that pumps 200 cc at a time. The one I have looks like the first one.

The pouches are fantastic. People will always say "Ohhh just use this instead", but I think some of you are missing the point. Look at the long rigid tip on that garden sprayer, how the heck do you fit that into a tight space? How do you pump the sprayer when your car is on 4 jackstands in your garage/driveway? Same with the motive. There is a nice advantage to a flexible pouch. A suction gun might be an okay alternative, but I'll stick to using the pouches for my rear differential.

The pouches are fantastic. People will always say "Ohhh just use this instead", but I think some of you are missing the point. Look at the long rigid tip on that garden sprayer, how the heck do you fit that into a tight space? How do you pump the sprayer when your car is on 4 jackstands in your garage/driveway? Same with the motive. There is a nice advantage to a flexible pouch. A suction gun might be an okay alternative, but I'll stick to using the pouches for my rear differential.
You pump the sprayer before getting under the car. A length of flexible tubing is the answer to your other question.

It is in every way easier and less messy then dealing with two or more floppy bags of stinky oil.

I guess you could make the argument that most people won't use it enough, but this is bitog.

I haven’t tried the bag type yet. Most of mine are accessible so I just use bottle. I’ve seen these though and heard good things about them being easy to use. The only disadvantage is you don’t have a cool bottle to reuse or add to the collection.

You pump the sprayer before getting under the car. A length of flexible tubing is the answer to your other question.

It is in every way easier and less messy then dealing with two or more floppy bags of stinky oil.

I guess you could make the argument that most people won't use it enough, but this is bitog.

Exactly. I use a piece of copper pipe that I connected to the sprayer via a short length of clear hose. The copper is soft and I bent a 90 in it at the end to slip into the fill holes. Bend it a little more than 90 and it hangs in the fill hole nicely.

Last time I had a hard one to fill, I just snaked a length of 3/8" internal hose from the diff to the wheel well. Then I just squirted the oil into the tube. No contortions or even bending over. Worked great.

Taking the nozzle/tip off is a “thing” too … I also have 3 super syringes … they can “push or pull”
Didn't event think about what garden sprayers were originally intended for. I never even took the spray tips out of their packaging.

Back