Valvoline Extended Performance 0W20 VOA

Hahaha. The Canadian government is just too stupid to capitalize on their oil sands and build proper refineries with an efficient national pipeline. Besides 72% +\- 5% of our trade exports is with you guys, can't have a on par dollar that will scare you Americans away from us.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool:

Just did a VOA on the new Valvoline Extended Performance 0w20.

D1G2.

Thoughts?

View attachment 58335
So based off what you guys see here (im not an expert by any means) would these be a good oil to run in a direct injected motor. I only plan on taking it to 5-6k. I was curious about this oil as well and bought 2 5qt jugs at wally world and was waiting on someone to do a VOA OR UOA. Would this be any better than say running QSUD? I see the new GF6 formulation for QSUD finally at my wally world. and if I can save 5-6 bucks I will, guess what im asking is, this any better for DI motors (non turbo)? Have the new Frontier 3.8l v6.

Thanks.

So based off what you guys see here (im not an expert by any means) would these be a good oil to run in a direct injected motor. I only plan on taking it to 5-6k. I was curious about this oil as well and bought 2 5qt jugs at wally world and was waiting on someone to do a VOA OR UOA. Would this be any better than say running QSUD? I see the new GF6 formulation for QSUD finally at my wally world. and if I can save 5-6 bucks I will, guess what im asking is, this any better for DI motors (non turbo)? Have the new Frontier 3.8l v6.

Thanks.

I would have no issues running this Valvoline for 5k in a di motor. I really like the Moly count and it’s dexos certified.

and yes, I would have no problems running the QS either. It’s also dexos certified.

Looks like a decent oil. I would give it a try. I usually stay within 5k 7.5K oil change intervals. My Jeep is still under warranty.

Last edited:
The protection is extended! :mad:

*No Titanium content ? I believe the Valvoline Advanced SM rated synthetic oil had Titanium content .

moly is great but the tbn is poo poo for an extended performance oil

edit: accidentally said performance and not protection. mixed the words up.
Valvoline has historically had a lower starting TBN as compared to others, but the retention is typically great.

I wouldn’t be concerned to use this for any OE recommended interval, whether it be 3,750 or 10,000 miles.

I picked up 2 of the 5qt bottles in 5w30 flavor. I'll be giving them a go in both of our vehicles for the next oil changes. I don't plan on exceeding our usual 5k mile change, but I do like the ingredients.

I may give the 5W30 Valvoline EP a go for an OCI . In mixed driving (typical large city suburban driving) the oil in my '17 Hyundai 2.4L DI engine is looking pretty rough and getting a bit fragrant by 4,000 miles . I will try to go 5K ~ 6K miles for an OCI .

I may give the 5W30 Valvoline EP a go for an OCI . In mixed driving (typical large city suburban driving) the oil in my '17 Hyundai 2.4L DI engine is looking pretty rough and getting a bit fragrant by 4,000 miles . I will try to go 5K ~ 6K miles for an OCI .
HT/HS 3.2 and VI is not too high so this should stay in grade pretty well. Nice additive package on this one.

I'm thinking of trying this for 10,000 in my 2021 Nissan Altima. I drive it all hwy 5 days a week at a 108 miles daily round trip. I think it is a good candidate.

I might be changing my daughter's Elantra from 5/20 to 5/30 it's a chatty engine until it warms up
They really are. There must be a alternator clutch or something on these engines. There's still a little tick when it's cold but it just stops completely. Sound like it's coming from the accessory drive but 5W30 made it much quieter.

Back