Valvoline Extended Performance 0W20 VOA

Does PQIA have any more tested SP oils? I was searching their site and maybe I missed them? I've also been curious about Quaker State's SP synthetic.
If you go here to their table, you can click on the API column header and sort them by category. I didn't see Quaker State SP syn there tho.

If you go here to their table, you can click on the API column header and sort them by category. I didn't see Quaker State SP syn there tho.

Thank you again! (y)

Castrol has always used Ti and Mo; just not very much Ti.
Kendall used to use both together as well, although they dropped it in their latest SP oils.

The two methods for running TBN can vary wildly depending on the additives used. They use two different acids for the tests. An oil with a lot of hard base detergents won't respond to the test the same as one with more soft base. One method could make a potentially great oil look weak or make a mediocre oil look outstanding. On top of that, the test can have a wide margin of error. This is largely why a lot of formulators and tribologists give little weight to TBN.

Nice add pack but TBN isn't impressive

Ouch. Looked up the price on Walmart and Amazon. It’s currently going for $27-28/jug.

Just found some at Pepboys "going out of parts business" clearance for $17/jug. Also qualifies for the $30 rebate.

Sorry, I should have been more specific and just realized this is a different product. I found the VME for $17 at PB. Will find out if they honor the rebate.

Ouch. Looked up the price on Walmart and Amazon. It’s currently going for $27-28/jug.
You Americans are funny. Here in Toronto divide that price by 0.83 times it by roughly 1.5 then multiply it by 1.13 and you get the regular price. Want the sales price? Multiply that figure from above by 0.55 or 0.50 (sales discount). You guys have it good.

You Americans are funny. Here in Toronto divide that price by 0.83 times it by roughly 1.5 then multiply it by 1.13 and you get the regular price. Want the sales price? Multiply that figure from above by 0.55 or 0.50 (sales discount). You guys have it good.
When other oils such as Castrol Edge, M1 EP, etc. are going for sub-$25/jug, this one more expensive doesn't make a whole lot of sense, hence the ouch.

And you live in Canada, of course everything is expensive in ounces of maple syrup dollars.

When other oils such as Castrol Edge, M1 EP, etc. are going for sub-$25/jug, this one more expensive doesn't make a whole lot of sense, hence the ouch.

And you live in Canada, of course everything is expensive in ounces of maple syrup dollars.
Hahaha. The Canadian government is just too stupid to capitalize on their oil sands and build proper refineries with an efficient national pipeline. Besides 72% +\- 5% of our trade exports is with you guys, can't have a on par dollar that will scare you Americans away from us.

Back