Valvoline Extended Performance 0W20 VOA

In my opinion a 10K OCI is an "extended OCI". I would never go further than that regardless of the claims made by the oil manufacturer. I believe the longest I've ever gone was approx. 8200 miles and that was after years on BITOG reading about guys doing long OCI's without issues (on synthetic).
Even now I rarely go above 6 or 7K on synthetics.
Having said this I feel this Valvoline EP oil is up to snuff for a 10K OCI for those inclined to do that.

Now that I have 2 GDI engines in the family (14' Focus and 21' CX-30) I'm keeping the OCI's to a maximum of 6.5K....maybe less. I think any synthetic, even the entry level ones, should be good for that OCI. I don't see the point of paying for Castrol Edge EP (gold) or Mobil 1 EP for such a routine OCI. I can't even see paying extra for Supertech 20K syn. over their regular 10K syn. especially since there appears to be little difference in the formula.

In my opinion a 10K OCI is an "extended OCI". I would never go further than that regardless of the claims made by the oil manufacturer. I believe the longest I've ever gone was approx. 8200 miles and that was after years on BITOG reading about guys doing long OCI's without issues (on synthetic).
Even now I rarely go above 6 or 7K on synthetics.
Having said this I feel this Valvoline EP oil is up to snuff for a 10K OCI for those inclined to do that.

Now that I have 2 GDI engines in the family (14' Focus and 21' CX-30) I'm keeping the OCI's to a maximum of 6.5K....maybe less. I think any synthetic, even the entry level ones, should be good for that OCI. I don't see the point of paying for Castrol Edge EP (gold) or Mobil 1 EP for such a routine OCI. I can't even see paying extra for Supertech 20K syn. over their regular 10K syn. especially since there appears to be little difference in the formula.
Yeah, I have ran a Toyota Tundra and Hyundai IONIQ on Mobil 1 EP, TGMO, and Castrol for 10,000 mile OCI's without issue, so with the new Altima I thought I'd give the Valvoline a try.

They really are. There must be a alternator clutch or something on these engines. There's still a little tick when it's cold but it just stops completely. Sound like it's coming from the accessory drive but 5W30 made it much quieter.
No, it's because they use solid lifters, not hydraulic. The valves are shimmed for proper clearance at operating temperature.

Back