Valvoline EURO 5W-40

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Ok guys I know I've
18.gif
since buying this car and apologize for it. But that's it, minds made up. This will be my go-to combo for now on in the Passat. Some here know I'm a Valvoline fan boy and i make no excuses. I also know it's the approved oil for previous generations (VW505.00/01 and VW502) and not mine but I'm not concerned with that anymore. You won't see me post otherwise.

20200627_125335.jpg

Seems like a good plan. Valvoline is good! I wish they partnered with a good company to make oil filters. And I'm not talking about the basic ones they use in their quick-lubes.

Last edited:
That picture illustrates why I used it for only one oil change a few years ago - I could not find it in 5-qt jugs anywhere, so the total cost was significantly higher than alternatives.

Is it easily available? I have a 502 spec vehicle that will need an oil change in the fall and I also like the Valvoline brand.

Originally Posted by sloinker
Is it easily available? I have a 502 spec vehicle that will need an oil change in the fall and I also like the Valvoline brand.

Yes, it's part of the oil change specials at AutoZone for $34 w/ extended-life filter. 5qts+filter and i paid $7 for the extra qt.

Originally Posted by neo3
That picture illustrates why I used it for only one oil change a few years ago - I could not find it in 5-qt jugs anywhere, so the total cost was significantly higher than alternatives.

NAPA would run Valvoline 5W40 MST for $1.99 a quart. At that point I do not care how it is packed. Plus, I do not like oil being open on the shelf if I did not used all 5qt jug, which is the case with engine requiring more than 5qt in sump.

Originally Posted by edyvw

NAPA would run Valvoline 5W40 MST for $1.99 a quart. At that point I do not care how it is packed. Plus, I do not like oil being open on the shelf if I did not used all 5qt jug, which is the case with engine requiring more than 5qt in sump.

Funny you mention NAPA. I checked there first because they often have it $5/qt.

I bought some for my Tiguan but ended up dumping it in the Kia, yes a Napa sale buy. I have no complaints and also ran it's predecessor MST in the Passat and liked that too. Valvoline = Good.

Originally Posted by wemay
Originally Posted by edyvw

Funny you mention NAPA. I checked there first because they often have it $5/qt.

I stumbled once on that deal, got all 60qt they had it
smile.gif

Back