VALVOLINE EP AND REDLINE MIX

I have valvoline ep waiting to go in my truck and also I have one quart of redline, I am thinking about adding 7 quarts of valvoline and one quart of redline you guys think this will mess up the oil quality or will work just fine ? I know redline is rich on molybdenum also valvoline is rich on molybdenum , I believe redline is ester base oil and I dont know what valvoline is... your thoughts ?

I have valvoline ep waiting to go in my truck and also I have one quart of redline, I am thinking about adding 7 quarts of valvoline and one quart of redline you guys think this will mess up the oil quality or will work just fine ? I know redline is rich on molybdenum also valvoline is rich on molybdenum , I believe redline is ester base oil and I dont know what valvoline is... your thoughts ?
I do stuff like that. Half HPL. half whatever else.

It will be fine
And I still like Redline also.

Why not just run Red Line by itself?

I found these great videos on YouTube about running Red Line Oil "High Performance" 5W-30 in big bore V8 engines:

Pssst... someone's spending way too much time on RamForum reading the reverend's blurbs and babbles.

[Edit]

You should definitively use Red Line Oil by itself. According to this video it increases MPG by 17.5%:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not just run Red Line by itself?

I found these great videos on YouTube about running Red Line Oil "High Performance" 5W-30 in big bore V8 engines:

Pssst... someone's spending way too much time on RamForum reading the reverend's blurbs and babbles.

[Edit]

You should definitively use Red Line Oil by itself. According to this video it increases MPG by 17.5%:

NICE !!

OK so I order blackstone kit, I have valvoline EP 0w20 I will mix 15oz of lubegard in 8 quarts of oil I will shake it well and send a sample to get tested, if everything looks good I will run it in my Sierra for 2k miles of so and I will send a sample to see how she is doing !! only down side is around 1 month wait .

OK so I order blackstone kit, I have valvoline EP 0w20 I will mix 15oz of lubegard in 8 quarts of oil I will shake it well and send a sample to get tested, if everything looks good I will run it in my Sierra for 2k miles of so and I will send a sample to see how she is doing !! only down side is around 1 month wait .
It'd be awesome if you would document the process by making a video. Or maybe turn it into a series, to help others. (y)

What makes you think the oil blend will mess up anything? Oils are blends to begin with.

Why waste the $$$$$.

It'd be awesome if you would document the process by making a video. Or maybe turn it into a series, to help others. (y)
I will for sure, I think valvoline ep will pair great with lubegard, but will wait to see what the experts going to say and go from there.

Again, a $35 spectrographic analysis won’t show “how she’s doing”.

You could just run Mobil 1 FS 0W-40 for years in that engine and never second guess yourself. Or you could run Mobil 1 EP 0W-20 if you're a stickler for obeying the owner's manual... even though the same engine in a Corvette calls for 0W-40.

ExxonMobil is at the forefront of R&D, always has been. They are a vertically integrated manufacturer. There's a reason why they're the best. ExxonMobil and Shell own Infineum, probably the world's best additive manufacturer. The amount of R&D these companies undertake boggles the mind.

HPL is a small industrial blender that has it's lubricants formulated by the world's foremost expert and the godfather of synthetic lubricants, Dr. Leslie R. Rudnick.

Both of the above are great choices for people who want to have the best lubricant in their vehicle that they don't have to second guess or think about.

Yet you choose:

Valvoline - A Saudi Aramco owned company that blends everything that they label "synthetic" with whatever Group III is on sale and use Lubrizol as their additive supplier. Is it bad oil? No. Does Valvoline make bad products? No, they do not. Valvoline makes decent products. Is Valvoline worth Mobil 1 money? Absolutely not!

You're paying a lot of money for a cheap oil that you want to mix with blue smurf juice that will do absolutely nothing for your engine.

Also going from a HEMI with "maybe lifter issues" to a GM Vortec engine with "guaranteed lifter issues" that you want to experiment on probably wasn't the best idea. Therefore you should take care of that engine, not experiment on it. 🤞

crickets.gif

It will idlf his report shows 2k ppm iron lol. However im sure his engine will be letting him know that theres an issue
Lol. Yes it would be dead if that is the case. And you won't get numbers like that unless there are pieces in the sample and you do an acid digestion. I saw 1200 ppm of aluminum once on a fluid power sample after digestion. That was saturating the detector we had back in the day.

Back