Valvoline EP 5W20, 4200 miles, 2010 Ford Crown Victoria

My first UOA on the 2010 Vic ignore the missing information somehow they managed to lose all of that, 2010 Crown Victoria 4.6 V8 with 111,790 miles on the clock oil was as the title states, filter remained on for the next OCI, during this OCI I replaced the previous owners K&N air filter with a Fram Ultra

Attachments

• E7CFC358-6EC5-42FD-BC7A-5DB324327DF8.jpeg
    E7CFC358-6EC5-42FD-BC7A-5DB324327DF8.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 218
I’ve been going 7500 on the ‘03 MGM in my sig, I’ll have a UOA on the Magnatec 5W20 soon to see how it did. Why the 5W40? Is there something wrong?

I’ve been going 7500 on the ‘03 MGM in my sig, I’ll have a UOA on the Magnatec 5W20 soon to see how it did. Why the 5W40? Is there something wrong?
No nothing wrong just thought I’d see how 5w40 fairs, so far it seems quieter I’ve got 5w40 Valvoline Premium Blue in the sump right now might try a Euro spec oil eventually

No nothing wrong just thought I’d see how 5w40 fairs, so far it seems quieter I’ve got 5w40 Valvoline Premium Blue in the sump right now might try a Euro spec oil eventually
I am using 0W-30 in a 4.6, let us know how you like the 5W-40

I have been tempted to go to a thicker oil, like a 0W-40, but I have read that these 4.6 engines can be a bit sluggish with a thicker oil. I ran both PP and PU 5W-30 and it seems my engine is quieter with 0W-30

I agree but I thought I’d start here with 5000 being the oem recommendation plus I switched to a 5w40
Good idea, those cars will run forever if treated well and virtually every part on them is easily replaced. Had a Lincoln town car (basically the same thing) come in last week with 272k and the engine ran extremely smooth. Pinch welds had nearly rusted away but that wasn't a problem I just lifted it on the frame!

That's a very, very good car you have man. It will run a heck of a long time.

And thank you for the uoa here. Valvoline definitely has a good additive package with their EP oils

That's a very, very good car you have man. It will run a heck of a long time.

And thank you for the uoa here. Valvoline definitely has a good additive package with their EP oils
Thank you, I was glad to see the UOA looking good I hope to continue to see good reports

I am using 0W-30 in a 4.6, let us know how you like the 5W-40

I have been tempted to go to a thicker oil, like a 0W-40, but I have read that these 4.6 engines can be a bit sluggish with a thicker oil. I ran both PP and PU 5W-30 and it seems my engine is quieter with 0W-30
I’ve noticed zero changes other than it just sounds like it’s running quieter or smoother maybe, that said I’m using my ears so could be the exact same it never really sounded rough or bad to begin with. I guess the more I think about it really the only reason I decided to go thicker was just the VPB 5W40 had an HT/HS of 4.0

That seems like a lot of Sodium. Is that normal for Valvoline EP?
I’m not entirely sure could also be some contamination from me pulling the oil from the drain plug just took and dipped into the stream during the drain, not sure what else it could be from

Anyone have guesses on what would cause the higher sodium? And also what about the tin? Everything else looks good to me

Back