Valvoline Durablend..."Out performs all leading conventional motor oils"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does a oil analysis test for all addtives ? i mean is there some other part of the oil that is not tested for but adds to how well a oil performs in a engine ?

Two comments:

1. ToyotaNSaturn - you posted the same thing in the VOA of Durablend I posted claiming you had them put in "synthetic" oil that increased you consumption. As I said before, if you truly had synthetic oil put in, it was Synpower, not Durablend.

2. VOA's are next to usless in predicting performance of a motor oil in an application. They are nice as a reference point for UOA's. I tried to make that point in another thread when I pointed out that the VOA of the Durablend was nearly identical to the old Chevron Supreme formulation (pre-moly) which was widely praised as one of the better oils on this board.

quote:

Originally posted by MNgopher:
Two comments:

1. ToyotaNSaturn - you posted the same thing in the VOA of Durablend I posted claiming you had them put in "synthetic" oil that increased you consumption. As I said before, if you truly had synthetic oil put in, it was Synpower, not Durablend.

MNGopher
That's where one of the "rubs" resides. I was charged top dollar from a Valvoline oil change shop for Durablend. The receipt said so and so did the advertisement banner on the outside of the building. I was too uneducated to know any different at the time. Unfortunately, I received DuraBlend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back