Valvoline Durablend makeup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if this oil has some pao in it or is it just a group II with some group III added? My local K-mart has it on sale four for $15 dollars.

I've used Durablend before and I liked how I had almost no consumption, but when I drained it out after 5300 miles it was scary black(scarier then any other oil I've seen come out of my car). The engine also didn't run as smooth as it does on Chevron Supreme or Mobil Drive Clean 5000.

Last edited:
It's a great oil... On sale it's even better!
thumbsup2.gif
Get some...

Being black doesn't mean anything... UOA tells you how it's doing. I have had oils come out of my engine black like diesel and others come out brown like honey and the black like diesel was in better shape according to the UOA's
wink.gif

It also takes a few changes for your engine to get used to an oil and you may notice consumption or slight performance differences in this time... This is normal.

I will let the others answer whether or not it has PAO.

grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: brian12
Does anyone know if this oil has some pao in it or is it just a group II with some group III added? My local K-mart has it on sale four for $15 dollars.

I can't answer your question - but personally for that price I would go to Wallyworld and buy PP. It's 4.00 a quart.

Originally Posted By: oldmaninsc
Originally Posted By: brian12

I can't answer your question - but personally for that price I would go to Wallyworld and buy PP. It's 4.00 a quart.
Yeah, I saw Mobil 1 HM in a 5 quart jug for $22 dollars the other day at WM. I'm just curious if Durablend has any PAO in it. I believe I had less consumption with Durablend then any other oil I've tried.

It has a small bit of Group III oil.

The old label Durablend is on closeout at Walmart, if you find any make sure you scan it cause they ring up 99 cents.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
It has a small bit of Group III oil.

The old label Durablend is on closeout at Walmart, if you find any make sure you scan it cause they ring up 99 cents.
My WM doesn't carry Durablend.

Anybody know what percentage of the oil is actually synthetic? Is it a 20% mix, 50%? In the past I've just mixed dino and synthetic on my own because I wasn't sure how much synthetic I was actually getting for my money with the synthetic blends.

Originally Posted By: mikeg5
i called one time bc thats what i used for a while and they said 30% roughly

[censored], It's a trade secret. They don't give it out to just anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back