Valvoline Conventional VS Nexgen/Nexgen Maxlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which would you guys say was better for 3-6K OCI's? I know Maxlife Nexgen would be better for high mileage. Seems like Nexgen would be better for the world, but what do you think about it being part recycled? TIA!!!

There is a simiar thread that was just started today asking essentially the same question. I'm a fan of the Next-Gen. Its using less foreign oil in the manufacturing process, so on principal alone, its worth it for me. Also, its re-refined, not just filtered. If you think of it this way, crude is WAY dirtier when it starts the refining process. Used motor oil is way cleaner when it enteres the refining process. Also, its not the oil that breaks down over time, its the additives. I will be using this oil in the futre without worry. You can make your own choice, but IMO, you have nothing to worry about either.

I don't understand why people think recycled oil is lower quality or worse than "virgin" motor oil. The "virgin" motor oil is refined from crude oil, that has way more contaminates and is nasty black sludge before being refined. The recycled oil just has a few contaminates in it from being run in an engine - A LOT more clean than crude oil. Oil loses its VI and additives but not its lubricity qualities. I'd buy the nextgen

Why not use G-Oil. Green Earth Technologies. Not made from crude at all. No foreign dependence at all.
And I've heard excellent things about it.

Originally Posted By: bustednutz
Why not use G-Oil. Green Earth Technologies. Not made from crude at all. No foreign dependence at all.
And I've heard excellent things about it.

And sometimes it's even free!

Originally Posted By: renegade_987
Which would you guys say was better for 3-6K OCI's? I know Maxlife Nexgen would be better for high mileage. Seems like Nexgen would be better for the world, but what do you think about it being part recycled? TIA!!!

I believe that, for all intents and purposes, VWB and NextGen are the same thing. Typical properties, add pack, etc. all seem to be identical. Functionally I doubt that there would be any difference whatsoever.

NexGen does have prettier bottles, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back