Valvoline Brand For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're bought by Prestone (aka Honeywell), get ready for bright orange bottles and a price that doesn't match the questionable quality of the product.

Gee, a lot like Fr*m.

Originally Posted By: sparkplug
Another reason to switch to Pennzoil.

I hate to say it, but I would have to agree.

I think much depends on WHO buys it...

Originally Posted By: JT1
Well, time to buy up the last of the ashland branded valvoline!

My oil stash is gonna grow!!!!!!!!
11.gif

I stopped using Valvoline a few years ago, so it really doesn't matter much to me. Hopefully XOM buys them, since I don't use any of their stuff either.

AD

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
It's the end of the world and we know it.
frown.gif

My beloved Maxlife!

I doubt that any one would pay $1 billion for the company and then start changing things. It will be the same as before.

Is it just the brand name that is for sale, or the entire Valvoline oil division, including blending facilities, R&D, the whole nine yards?

If Ashland is going to do what Witco did 10 years ago when they sold the Kendall name, who knows what we might wind up getting with the Valvoline name on it. But if they are selling not just the name, but what is behind the name that makes the product in the bottles, then we can probably expect some consistency no matter who buys it.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
It's the end of the world and we know it.
frown.gif

My beloved Maxlife!
shocked2.gif
Horrors! What will I do? I'll be lost if Valvoline goes down the tubes.

Might just have to try Schaeffers or something.

Originally Posted By: G-MAN
Is it just the brand name that is for sale, or the entire Valvoline oil division, including blending facilities, R&D, the whole nine yards?

If Ashland is going to do what Witco did 10 years ago when they sold the Kendall name, who knows what we might wind up getting with the Valvoline name on it. But if they are selling not just the name, but what is behind the name that makes the product in the bottles, then we can probably expect some consistency no matter who buys it.

Given that Prestone is a potential buyer, I would think it is everything having to do with Valvoline.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Originally Posted By: Vilan
Let's make Valvoline BITOG-owned!

I'm in for $100. Let's take a collection...

I like this idea. I'm in!

Ok, that's 2. Just need 9,999,998 more at $100 a pop.

I don't think Prestone would 'destroy' Valvoline at all...although, I would be more leery about using their stuff like MaxLife until the jury came in...

Isn't their antifreeze considered the best, or is that all marketing?

In the case of Fram, Honeywell isn't the one that cheapened their components, Allied-Signal, the previous owner, was...

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
I don't think Prestone would 'destroy' Valvoline at all...although, I would be more leery about using their stuff like MaxLife until the jury came in...

Isn't their antifreeze considered the best, or is that all marketing?

Motor oil is pretty much all marketing.

I would use Zerex anitfreeze over Prestone any day. Prestone anitfreeze is considered the worst in my book.

Might they have started the "wear war" as a bold, last ditch effort to save a struggling portion of their business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back