Valvoline atf+4

According to the Valvoline web site it is licensed by Chrysler. Check there for details. Thank you. Irishman

Welcome to BITOG 🎉

The anti-wear additives are always working :unsure:

Valvoline ATF+4 is licensed by Chrysler, so you will have no problems with it. Valvoline might even be the OE supplier. Regardless, anything on this list is the same because Chrysler is strict with not only the ingredients, but also the suppliers of those ingredients. I know that site looks fake, but it is actually a real company Chrysler uses to enforce their requirements.

Redline C+ is not licensed, but it is the best ATF to use where ATF+4 is called for. It uses the same add pack as licensed ATF+4 but with better base oil.

Welcome to BITOG 🎉

The anti-wear additives are always working :unsure:

Valvoline ATF+4 is licensed by Chrysler, so you will have no problems with it. Valvoline might even be the OE supplier. Regardless, anything on this list is the same because Chrysler is strict with not only the ingredients, but also the suppliers of those ingredients. I know that site looks fake, but it is actually a real company Chrysler uses to enforce their requirements.

Redline C+ is not licensed, but it is the best ATF to use where ATF+4 is called for. It uses the same add pack as licensed ATF+4 but with better base oil.
Well I asking because I did the thermostat bypass and someone told me about checking the temp the anti wear additives activated at so I want to be sure 118 wasn’t too cold because it’s suppose to help keep the transmission cooler

Well I asking because I did the thermostat bypass and someone told me about checking the temp the anti wear additives activated at so I want to be sure 118 wasn’t too cold because it’s suppose to help keep the transmission cooler
Ive heard that with some engine oil additives, but I’m not sure it’s the same with ATF. There may be other issues relative to the fluid being too cool and thus more viscous than desired. 118 sounds awful low. While I can appreciate keeping the fluid cooler, and the at cooler overall, I’d think it would be at a more appropriate design temperature.

Ive heard that with some engine oil additives, but I’m not sure it’s the same with ATF. There may be other issues relative to the fluid being too cool and thus more viscous than desired. 118 sounds awful low. While I can appreciate keeping the fluid cooler, and the at cooler overall, I’d think it would be at a more appropriate design temperature.
Yea I ordered a mishmoto thermostat bypass/thermostat where in the winter you have the thermostat and it’s set to open at 159 and summer you take out the thermostat with a bolt on top and it’s a full bypass. I feel like that would be a lot better then just a full bypass all the time

Yea I ordered a mishmoto thermostat bypass/thermostat where in the winter you have the thermostat and it’s set to open at 159 and summer you take out the thermostat with a bolt on top and it’s a full bypass. I feel like that would be a lot better then just a full bypass all the time
Why not just run with the thermostat in the summer? It will maintain temperatures by design.

Back