Valvoline All Cimate UOA's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...guess I'm beating a dead horse so to speak, but after the discussions, I finally found a VOA on Val AC. What crap! It's like a can of diet Pepsi, no caleries, little sugar, just plain Jane crap.
Castrol GTX seems to fair much better by way of VOA's, and of course, the beloved Havoline as well.

I think we all agree Valvoline will do an okay job. The main problem is it is priced like a premium oil which barely meets the minimum specs. For the same or less $$ you can purchase a superior oil like Pennzoil, Chevron Supreme, Quaker State, Castrol, Exxon Superflo or Havoline. I remember reading Terry stated Ashland is very good at making oils that barely pass required specs.

Well, judging by an add pack doesn't seem to track well. Those with "great" add packs don't appear to provide much better UOAs than those that have "weak" add packs.

Just my 2 cents. Base oils seem to be more important. UOAs seemingly are blind to some newer additives.

I don't use Valvoline, but I will say that it posted the best wear metal numbers of dino oils in the Jeep 4.0. Don't know about other engines. I'll still take Chevron/Havoline and be quite happy.

quote:

Originally posted by Bob Miller:
Well, judging by an add pack doesn't seem to track well. Those with "great" add packs don't appear to provide much better UOAs than those that have "weak" add packs..

Amen to that Bob
cheers.gif
. I've used valvoline/napa/carquest here and there over the years. Owners have clocked many, many miles on the stuff without issue & maintained clean engines.
G/luck
Joel

I've seen very good 3K Valvoline UOAs... including Mark's UOA that he describes in an above post here. The problem with Valvoline dino in some vehicles is that extended drains seem to go south in a hurry.

Years passed All C. was a noted medium to low preforming oil. The company did not keep up with modern oil chemistry. Today I'm sure some of Valvoline oils are very good but, if I used it I would keep a weary eye on it compared to top grade oils as oil formulations do change and often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back