Valvoline 60W?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wile i was in AZ today grabbing my case of Premium Blue i noticed they had this oil marked to $1.99, any info VOA's of this stuff? serched a little didn't really find much.

Yeah,it must be the VR1 racing oil. I have some of the VR1 20W50 in my small stash. I may go buy a few of them (if the AZ near me has it) just to have it :^)

thats what i thought,for that price maybe mix it in with something for the hot running ATV's..it's loaded up with adds i'm sure zinc..

I ran it for a year when I had a bad rod bearing in the GN and I was in college and too poor to replace it. It was bad enough that I was afraid to stand next to the car while it was running.

The Valvoline 60wt got me through part of a summer and a winter. Oil pressure was so high in the middle of winter I had to disable the starter saftey switch so I could start it in drive to keep the rpms from going past 1,000rpm. Otherwise it would blow the filter off and relieve itself of 5 quarts in 15 seconds.

I didn't dare touch the gas for the first 10 minutes of run time.

I know this isn't what you were asking but it helped to nurse the car through a difficult time. It took about 15 minutes to pour it in after an oil change in the winter lol.

Originally Posted By: BuickGN
I ran it for a year when I had a bad rod bearing in the GN and I was in college and too poor to replace it. It was bad enough that I was afraid to stand next to the car while it was running.

The Valvoline 60wt got me through part of a summer and a winter. Oil pressure was so high in the middle of winter I had to disable the starter saftey switch so I could start it in drive to keep the rpms from going past 1,000rpm. Otherwise it would blow the filter off and relieve itself of 5 quarts in 15 seconds.

I didn't dare touch the gas for the first 10 minutes of run time.

I know this isn't what you were asking but it helped to nurse the car through a difficult time. It took about 15 minutes to pour it in after an oil change in the winter lol.

Thanks,yea i bet it's thick,shakes ok in the bottle tho. hehe
Originally Posted By: JT1
Theres an Auto zone in Bad Axe?

No i wish,mines 20 miles away..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back