Valvoline 10W30 VR1 in my 2011 Suzuki KingQuad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for the summer oil change in my 400 KingQuad. Suzuki manual gives a broad range from 10w30-20w50 oils. I picked up some more of the VR1 for $3 quart and decided to throw it in my quad, will it hurt anything? Full Sythectic and states that it has high levels of ZDDP/Phos which should be a good thing for this air cooled 400cc flat tappet motor, right?

I know I should use JASO spec oil but I'm not paying the premium for motorcycle specific oil and I just dumped Rotella T6 after a few short months because it was shifting very rough and notchy.

Sounds like it would be a great oil in your King Quad. I have a Suzuki Ozark and have run quite a few different oils in it over the 7 years I've owned it, never had a problem, clutch never slipped.

I say use without worry.

Used to use VR1 10w-30 and 20w-50 in my friend's XR250. Never had any problems with shifting or clutch slippage. You should be fine. I currently use a lot of Rotella T 15w40 in our several quads (wet clutch) and it works great there as well. Never tried the T6 in that application but it sounds like I will avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back