Valvoline 10w30 3,850 miles Toyota Highlander V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
There really isn't anything extraordinary about this UOA. Driven about 10 miles each way to work in South Florida sub-tropical climate. I'm really only posting as there is just one other Highlander post I can find, and this might be of interest to other Highlander owners for comparison. It's a 2002 with 100k miles.

Highlander%20UOA%203.19.11.pdf.jpg

This is a pretty borning UOA. How excellent! It is interesting that the viscosity was off, down to a 20 grade. Was this standard Valvoline white bottle? Since This is a 2002 Toyota, does this engine spec 5w-20 anyway?

I thought I used 10w-30, but it's entirely possible I did use 5w-20 as that's what's spec'd. Don't keep empty bottles around so unsure of color.

I do know it now has Valvoline white bottle premium conventional 5w-30 in it.

Yes, I put 3.0 V6 on the Blackstone card. The 3.3 was a surprise to me too.

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
This is a pretty borning UOA. How excellent! It is interesting that the viscosity was off, down to a 20 grade. Was this standard Valvoline white bottle? Since This is a 2002 Toyota, does this engine spec 5w-20 anyway?
Not a whole lot of difference to the engine what multi viscosity oil is used untill either extreme.

I'd be tempted to move to a 0W oil just to provide you even more protection at startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back