Valvoline 0/20 Racing Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by dragboat:
It uses no VII's per the data sheet information plus they have an entire new line of oils,,check them out.

http://www.valvoline-technology.com/data/valv/valvtechnology.nsf/fsValvoline?OpenFrameSet

What new line of oils? The data sheets on all the VR-1 synthetics are dated 1998.
confused.gif

I hadn't seen this 0w-20 before. "For racing use only" explains why. At 8.0cSt, it's the thinnest 20-weight I've seen so far.

It's the VR-1 0w20 sheet that says no VI improvers are used. And this Synpower racing sheet is dated 1999. Both these oils have been around awhile.

[ February 22, 2003, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: Patman ]

I have yet to see a date of earlier than 2002 for the new 0/30 MXL Synpower imported for the MB/s nor has this watchfull eye ever seen or heard of a VR1 Racing Synthetic,High Performance Synthetic or a Valvoline Synpower Racing Formula prior to yesterday.

1 month ago before these new oils were shown, the website spoke of a new 10/40 Synthetic Racing oil,I called and of course the guy on the phone had not heard of it,,they are offering a 10/40 M/C oil and a 20/50 counterpart ,this I have seen and are new products also.

Some of these oils are new and worth taking a look at IMO. The 0/30 MXL is only available in 55 gallon drums that are sold to MB Dealesrships. It is the imported product from Europe I was told.

IMO Valvoline is pretty bad about not knowing their products and the likes,time will tell but I am wiling to bet these oils will be popping up on the store shelves soon,,they even have a new 10/40 HD Diesel oil along with a 5/40 HD Diesel oil. I think Valvoline has stepped up to the plate here with alot of new stuff. Time will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back