Valve noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank D,
Thanks for your responce on the "Start Up". I guess I'll just keep with what I am using for now.
Ray H,
Your right! The filter is in bypass mode during start up. My Bad! The next time the PureOne is on sale, I just may try one. I just may bring the car back to the dealer just to verify the noise. They'll probably need to have the car first thing in the morning, so I'll have to drop it off at night,(YIKES!). Although I have a NAPA Silver on right now with Havoline 5W30 oil for the winter,(mild January thus far), and have just changed the oil/filter while I had time off from work for the holidays.

ekpolk wrote:
quote:

Then each bank has a separate little chain that loops over to the side, driving the exhaust cam. And its kept in proper tension by an oil pressure actuated tensioner.

You said it right their, "oil pressure actuated [chain] tensioner". The tensioner is not getting enough oil pressure at start-up. You Guys need to find a way to increase oil pressure at start-up. I'm thinking just maybe, an increase in viscosity might do the trick. What do you Guys think ?

VVT is not oil viscosity dependent. See SAE handbook. To get more lubrication, opposite to popular belief, you need a thinner oil not a thicker one. You would get a higher pressure at the oil filter with thicker oil but the flow is actually less. Things as this are what make oil hard to understand.

aehaas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back