Valve covers off pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Brybo86
How long have you been using Amsoil? That explains the beauty under the covers.

Agreed!!

BigJakeChevy, beautiful condition!
thumbsup2.gif
You can forget the ARX IMO...

and
welcome2.gif
don't let the madness get you LOL

Last edited:
I don't think that engine is hard on oil - BIL at 390k (no repairs) on Mobil dino bulk - 5k OCI's ...

Nice and clean - before buttoning it up, don't forget to take yer finger and sweep that booger off the end of the rocker arm in the forth pic down, second arm from the left.

The amsoil has been in over the past 15 months which is around 130,000kms

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Well you've hit this out of the park man. Just a great job here. And yeah like you need that auto Rx!!
08.gif

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK
Did you clean it before taking the pictures ??

Sump and oil pump pictures next ??

LoL no cleaning first. I have run rislone twice since ive had it and done amsoil engine flushes evey 50,000kms

Originally Posted By: Ohle_Manezzini
What driving conditions? Mostly highway?

Well for the first couple year ive owned the truck i drove 70/30 city/hwy. But over the last 15 months i have been using it to deliver autobody parts. I drag around a 16ft enclosed trailer. I drive 200kms to the city do around 50-75 kms in the city then my 200kms back home.

Originally Posted By: Kuato

Agreed!!

BigJakeChevy, beautiful condition!
thumbsup2.gif
You can forget the ARX IMO...

and
welcome2.gif
don't let the madness get you LOL

Thanks ill try not to but its an addiction lol

Originally Posted By: Errtt
Nice and clean - before buttoning it up, don't forget to take yer finger and sweep that booger off the end of the rocker arm in the forth pic down, second arm from the left.
Originally Posted By: Errtt

Yeah i caught that, it looks like some of the fibre matting from the fire wall. That back bolt of the coil pack rack is might deep back there.

Originally Posted By: BigJakeChevy
The engine has 410,000kms on it. I bought it with 200,00kms on it. I can't say what the previous owner ran for oil or oci but i go by the olm which usually is around 10,000-12,000kms. Ive used mobil 1 5w30, pp5w30 and amsoil 0w30 until i started using this truck for deliveries. Ive been running amsoil hhd 5w30 in winter and amsoil 15w40 in the summer.

All excellent oils, send the Autorx back!

Originally Posted By: B320i
Beautiful and clean. Always enjoy seeing different engines, with different oils and intervals and seeing the sort of results produced.

I wonder if this clean engine is due to the "lazy" nature of a big, American V8? Or am I completely off the mark?

Well i put on 160,000kms last year 98% of it was towing a 16ft enclosed trailer. I am very OCD with maintaining it.

This is from my previous accord, a 2005 2.4 5mt. It had about 150K miles at the time of this picture, I had only changed the oil once since buying it, I used a semi-synthetic penzoil. So this cleanliness is thanks to the previous owner. I did not clean this! Got it from a dealer, so had NO service history whatsoever. But whatever they did, it worked good!

Before cleaning

After cleaning

This is my brother's 2001 mazda miata 1.8 5mt. It had maybe 135K miles at this picture. Haven't owned it long, so this is from the previous owner.

My car! 2006 Honda accord 3.0 V6 6mt. Also 135K miles at the time of picture. And yet again this mess would be due to the previous owner. After running through my 2nd PP change, I may pull the covers off to take another look.

This little one was all me! This is a Huashengtaishan 142F, a Chinese clone of a Honda GXH 50. Complete estimate here, but I think this was around 50 hours on it. I don't remember what oil I used. But I have Mobil super 5w30 in it right now. I recently pulled the whole thing apart to see how the casting quality was, and maybe to improve it, and the piston was completely covered in carbon. The exhaust valve (adorably tiny!) had a layer of carbon starting, so I cleaned all that [censored] off. It's back together now and has stronger compression than ever before.

I have pulled the valve covers off of many more engines, but I don't always get pictures. I always check/adjust the valves if the cover comes off though. I hope OP did the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back