Val Durablend / M1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Would Valvoline Durablend be better for a 5k oci than M1, or the other way around?

If you have a Checker auto (or it's other names) get Pennzoil Platinum .99 cents after mail in rebate. If not get the BOGOF from Advanced Auto.
thumbsup.gif

Right NOW the Valvoline formula will yield lower wear for 5000 mile interval in same engine.

Quote:

Right NOW the Valvoline formula will yield lower wear for 5000 mile interval in same engine.

Interesting to see an answer such as this from a guy who knows his stuff after some of you blasted me for posing the question.

SFCP be careful who you follow on the internet. Too many wannabes with a keyboard.

TD

Quote:

SFCP be careful who you follow on the internet. Too many wannabes with a keyboard.

TD

Trust me...I take most of the cr%p people respond with as nothing, wate, sift through all the junk and hope for a good reply from someone like yourself.

Quote:

and hey if you have a partsamerica store near you they are discounting it for 95 cents a quart, if its still in stock.

The only caveat is that you have to order it online and pick it up in the store or have it shipped to you to get the deal. IF it's available in your area. Best I can tell, the deal is in WI, not sure about Illinois. Worth a shot.

hey ya never know
wink.gif

thats why i said if.

and if he's taking a trip to wi or through he could always stop somewhere on they way and pick up some oil
laugh.gif

Also, very interesting how some of ye'all shut yer traps after Terry chimed in. I may change my mind about brands a lot, but I had a valid question and seems to of had a valid response..toward the end that is.

M1 appears more often than not to be that of a pig with a bow-tie around it's neck. Still makes it a dirty pig that is other than "completely" trustworty. At the present time, that is.

Quote:

Also, very interesting how some of ye'all shut yer traps after Terry chimed in. I may change my mind about brands a lot, but I had a valid question and seems to of had a valid response..toward the end that is.

Well I used to be a regular user of Durablend (and still have 16 qts of the ACEA A3 10w40 Durablend), but am now a Maxlife fanatic. I wonder how Terry would rate Maxlife. In my unqualified opinion, I maintain that Maxlife is the best Valvoline PCMO, both regular and synthetic, and that Synpower 5w40 and 20w50 are also very good.

Base oil wise, the Durablend 5w30 and 10w40 are excellent having mostly Group II and III, whereas the 10w30 and 15w40 Durablend have a lot of Group I. But that shouldn't bother me considering Maxlife is Group I (all but the PAO part, that is).

Of course, my bias is to avoid Energy Conserving oils.

Yeah..what gives? Not that a Grp I couldn't perform with the right additives, but I was under the impression that most all conventionals were Grp II these days based on recent discussions.

Maxlife MSDS that was posted up until recently showed CAS #s fo Goup I and PAO.

I went in last night and it's a different MSDS and shows all Group II/III.

I think the Valvoline Techs have some explaining to do, but they probably won't.

We better check that the moly is still in it.

As for Maxlife Synthetic, it's MSDS never did show PAO, but Valvoline techs always told me it has more than regular Maxlife.

Quote:

I bet the same is true for Pennzoil dino (and many others).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back