Vaccum Oil Extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get virtually all the oil out especially if you park on a sloped driveway such that the dipstick is downhill. However if the dipstick is at the center of the engine, then you should park on a level surface. But I don't recall seeing a dipstick that's at the engine's center -- it's either at the front, the left or right.

Originally Posted by benjy
most extractors DON'T fully drain your pan!!! i conventionally drain it HOT + jack accordingly to get the drain at the lowest point.

Says who? I ran the experiment, extracted then pulled the pan. No oil...

Originally Posted by walterjay
On my Ford Ecoboost it leaves over a quart behind. Can't get the tube down in the pan all the way.

Makes me wonder how many other vehicles are in this same category?

Originally Posted by billt460
Originally Posted by walterjay
On my Ford Ecoboost it leaves over a quart behind. Can't get the tube down in the pan all the way.

Makes me wonder how many other vehicles are in this same category?

Me too, and why I'm happy I own three vehicles that I can do oil changes by removing a drain plug.

Originally Posted by ad244
Is this the one you guys are talking about??

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...;linkId=60c0eeae4b17aa38562fd07708847dd5

Thanks again for the recommendations
In my observation, the MightyVac 7201 quite a popular choice on bitog. Based on that, it's the one I recommended to my son many years ago. Now all he uses on his Audis with engine top cartridge filter. He never touches the drain plug.

I don't need one but I was wondering how the OEMTOOL brand extractors sold on Amazon are are? A little less expensive. Seems hard to go wrong with Mightyvac though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back