Vacation Souvenirs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent the weekend up in Wisconsin, last stop was spending the night in Janesville (saw the GM plant from a distance, RIP).

Most people bring home t-shirts, coffee mugs or some other tchotchkies from a trip. I brought home 2 6-packs of Valvoline Synpower 5w30 from the O'Reilly's down the road from the hotel I stayed at.

I must be a BITOG-er....
LOL.gif
crackmeup2.gif

I went on a business trip and wanted to find some souvenir to take home since I had never been there before. I looked at 3 malls close to where I was staying and couldn't find a thing.

Only souvenirs I buy are T-shirts... I wear them out and may as well replenish the stockpile with interesting ones.

Taking photos and memorizing trivial, boring stories for later recital rounds out the experience.

My wife got to go to Egypt/Greece/Turkey. I got the t-shirts. I told her to grab one of the locals ..look at their dress ..their accessories..etc..and ask them where to find them. She failed. The kids got some trinket cartouche key chain. Her digital image of the Sphinx was from about 200+yards (when I saw it, I said, "you've got to be kidding me").

I can't wait for some Euro tour she goes on. I'm sure I'll cherish the genuine replica beer stein made in China.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
I went on a business trip and wanted to find some souvenir to take home since I had never been there before. I looked at 3 malls close to where I was staying and couldn't find a thing.

Why would you think to look for souvenirs at a mall???

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
My wife got to go to Egypt/Greece/Turkey. I got the t-shirts. I told her to grab one of the locals ..look at their dress ..their accessories..etc..and ask them where to find them. She failed. The kids got some trinket cartouche key chain. Her digital image of the Sphinx was from about 200+yards (when I saw it, I said, "you've got to be kidding me").

I can't wait for some Euro tour she goes on. I'm sure I'll cherish the genuine replica beer stein made in China.

Take your own Euro tour, G. Make sure you hit Amsterdam, but maybe you don't want certain mementos of such a visit....

It's all right G has his "medical" permit for bringing back souvenirs from a "trip" like that LOL. I once was in Rogers Arkansas on business and picked up 16 Comp Cams Pro Magnum rocker arms for my small block Chevy that missed me while I was away- yes they were on sale! TSC had fun with my checked baggage, but nothing turned up missing.

Haven't touched the stuff in about 20+ years.
LOL.gif
I'm naturally this way ..I think ..maybe it's all the aspartame and caffeine.

If I get to Oz, I'll pick up some Yella Terra 1.7:1 rr's for the 4 banger.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: MarkC
Originally Posted By: Tempest

Why would you think to look for souvenirs at a mall???

It's where the business trip took him!
grin2.gif

I'm in Pennsyltucky. No real smog police here as long as your light stays out.

I only give you the false impression that I'm from California
LOL.gif

Oh yeah that's it I'm in the middle of the world here so I get lost all the time. I'll have to remember it as Mori lives in the direction of the mountains and G. Allan is to the Atlantic. The air gets thin here sometimes and I just can't keep those types of details strait...must be the aspartame!!!!!

I collect souvenirs. However, I don't buy them, and sometimes I have to be careful to not get caught or to get hurt when I appropriate them in more or less daring acts. I keep them in spice jars and have them on permanent display in my humble abode. I think I have shown a picture of some of my collection a couple years ago.

Aside from photos, I bring back rocks and stones from my travels. It was a bit tricky getting a small piece of bluestone from Stonehenge---wait. I never said that.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
If I get to Oz, I'll pick up some Yella Terra 1.7:1 rr's for the 4 banger.
LOL.gif

Gettem in the states. Like the Pontia G8, they are cheaper over there.

"Dyno" Dave Bennett is a great Oz story.

Tried finding kangaroo scrotum coin purses some months ago, and I can only find them on ebay these days...or at the side of the road.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Tried finding kangaroo scrotum coin purses some months ago, and I can only find them on ebay these days...or at the side of the road.

I have seen them here at Australia Fair on Sutter Street. Poor, nutless boomer...

Originally Posted By: MarkC
Aside from photos, I bring back rocks and stones from my travels. It was a bit tricky getting a small piece of bluestone from Stonehenge---wait. I never said that.

Just don't end up like the folks from Blanding, Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back