V

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601068&sid=aATifebEMcHE

Quote:
Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman said the world’s economy is showing “not a hint” of a “V-shaped” recovery marked by a swift decline and revival.

The economy is “stabilizing, not recovering,” Krugman, an economics professor at Princeton University in New Jersey, said today at a conference in Dublin. “Things are getting worse more slowly.”

Quote:
The U.S. policy response to the economic crisis has been “extraordinarily aggressive,” Krugman said. “Unfortunately, it hasn’t been enough.” The country will need “some form of new taxes” to bring down its deficit, he added.

This guy is an idiot, we can just bailout the deficit when we need to like the automakers...
LOL.gif

This lends to my theory that this was actually a strategic "brokering" to China ..much like the one that was done during the Reagan administration with Japan. The difference in "hurt" is the comparative size of the required revenues to accomplish the evolution.

This is our new economy. Not our low.

It's sinking in, to me. The politicians and economists here actually think they are doing the right thing. Fiscal stimulus can revive an economy that sank due to mass psychology, but it cannot have an effect if the recession is the result of a shortage of energy and raw materials. That requires physical restructuring, ie. allowing inefficient processes to die so that new ones can take their place. Stimulating consumption is the exact opposite of what you should be doing right now.

Quote:
Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman...

Stop right there!

A) Paul Krugman said it, so it's 99.9% likely to be opposite of reality

B) Paul Krugman received a Nobel Prize?
crazy2.gif
Truly crazy.
crazy2.gif

Quote:
The U.S. policy response to the economic crisis has been “extraordinarily aggressive,” Krugman said. “Unfortunately, it hasn’t been enough.” The country will need “some form of new taxes” to bring down its deficit, he added.

Yes because we all know that taxes are what helps an economy to recover.
33.gif

Quote:
Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman said the world’s economy is showing “not a hint” of a “V-shaped” recovery marked by a swift decline and revival.

The economy is “stabilizing, not recovering,” Krugman, an economics professor at Princeton University in New Jersey, said today at a conference in Dublin. “Things are getting worse more slowly.”

Welcome to last month dumb arse...

Things may seem irrational, until you learn the true goal. If the goal is to de-industrialize Canada and the USA, so we are unable to wage war, they are doing exactly the right thing.

Well, don't worry, oily. We have millions of square feet of idle automobile manufacturing space that will be more than happy to convert to wartime machinery.

Our current plan is to destroy others with consumerism. It worked here. Just consider us all "Company B" of the weapons testing.

Our manufacturing base has moved to China, the only company vigorously hiring is Wal-Mart, a pawn of China, and unemployment is still rising. Also, where I live, gas is rising about $.10 a week.
The "experts" say our recession is over, but since it's not over fast enough, we got to spend the stimulus money quicker.
Yep. I'm confident our economy is getting better!

Our manufacturing moved to China because of out of control labor cost due mostly to labor unions. That is why the little manufacturing we have left is in the non-union south.

How is walmart the "pawn of china"? Walmart is more "made in USA" than GM or Chrysler IMO.

How about target, kmart, and sears? They sell all the same made in China [censored] as walmart.

It is too east to pick on success in tough times.

Originally Posted By: milwaukee
Our manufacturing moved to China because of out of control labor cost due mostly to labor unions. That is why the little manufacturing we have left is in the non-union south.

How is walmart the "pawn of china"? Walmart is more "made in USA" than GM or Chrysler IMO.

How about target, kmart, and sears? They sell all the same made in China [censored] as walmart.

It is too east to pick on success in tough times.
Too easy to blame the victims too.
I'm sure corporate greed has nothing to do with this. I blame short sighted focus on quarterly bottom lines more than my fellow American workers. Walmart part timers cant afford new cars, housing, consumer goods.

Quote:
Our manufacturing moved to China because of out of control labor cost due mostly to labor unions.

Our manufacturing moved offshore due to the end of the Fair Trade Laws.
LOL.gif

Essentially, DaddyWarBucks got done milking us with defense spending (the last party was Vietnam) and, having spent the global surplus that we amassed from lack of competition, decided to broker off our equity.

Now we needed competition, most needy was the auto industry. We produced some pretty pathetic cars. They were crude ..but beyond that, you would find empty coke cans behind welded panels and brake wires wrapped around screws ..blah..blah..blah.

No biggie, all you need to do is manage the amount of trade you let in. All you needed to do is control the growth of trade. But that would "limit success!"
LOL.gif

So, the most influential Americans ..just sold fellow Americans down the river ..knowing that our basic selfish fundamental defects would not only make us want to profit off of our fellow Americans ..but that we could care less on whether or not they make a decent living.

They're right. We don't deserve it. We're too socially corrupt and immature
LOL.gif
We'll saw our own legs out from under us ..and blame the broken legs for our fall
crackmeup2.gif

You make it all too easy to get your willful participation in robbing yourself.
grin2.gif

Now do you see what Tempest finds so desirable? He wants each and every one of you to get EXACTLY what you deserve.
55.gif

Let's explore this over simplified, over used phrase "corporate greed".

First, does it exist. By my definition of greed, it certainly does. Does it extend to the employees who make up the corporation...well certainly and again by my definition, it does.

Now, having stated that in advance. Let's explore the definition via some simple hypothetical examples.

"I woke up today and discovered the plumbing in my bathroom was leaking. I went to diagnose the problem and found that a far more serious situation was the root cause as the leak was created by a shift in my home's foundation. I haven't the tools, time or skills required to repair this problem so I call in three foundation repair outfits for quotes. These quotes essentially list similar work required but at significantly different cost. I study the quotes, learn about the companies involved as best I can and decide on company B which quoted the lowest cost and had the equal or better reputation than the other three. So I select company B".

Substitute any other scenario with similar consideration and ask yourself "am I greedy?" Put yourself in my shoes.

Then extrapolate this into what companies must decide for
(1) Their customers.
(2) Their shareholders.
(3) Their competitors.
(4) Their employees (all of them).

After having done that, make sure when you use the term "corporate greed" it isn't used to satisfy your self interest in a strange loop of hypocrisy.

It's not that hard to do.

Now, one may bring up the example where CEO's are overpaid exploiters of the underprivaledged. Well perhaps. I'd have to get into their minds to substantiate that assumption. Just looking at their paychecks isn't sufficient.

If I looked at Bill Gates' bank account a hasty assumption would be "he made that money at the expense of others and his employees".

Others, and many of his employees would disagree and they'd do so vociferously.

You define spin and ignorance as anything that doesn't agree with your vision.

Having said that, what you wrote couldn't be more to the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back