V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please come up with a more intelligent question or something worthy of debate.

If not, hmm, why now just ****, eh?

We all feel bitter. Take action by not buying anything unless it's essential. Save that capital for the future, we're going to need it. Never vote for the incumbent. Stay the course, positive changes will follow.

Last edited:
Well, bitter, to me, is a hysteresis in anger. I'm not bitter, but do I get angry? Yes, I do.

But for whom does my anger exist?

Honestly, we get what we deserve.

The solution you propose is rather broad brush. You'd probably eliminate good people on both sides of the aisle while keeping the worst.

I'll not mention the worst again. But they won't be voted out. Why you ask?

It's simple, quite honestly...if they were to be voted out they'd have never been voted in.

Originally Posted By: digitalSniperX1
You define spin and ignorance as anything that doesn't agree with your vision.

Having said that, what you wrote couldn't be more to the point.

LOL.gif
Your over simplification ignores too much
LOL.gif

Here's how it should have read.

My foundation is screwed up.

I call three contractors

Two are locals that support myh community, built a baseball diamond for the Little League, attend my church and are active in all other aspects of my community.

The third provides superior value by hiring illegals who send their money home to bring more illegals to work. He uses twice the manpower and therefore does the job in half the time ..at one tenth the cost. He charges 20% less.

Now just make it legal to use slave labor ..and you've got it right.

Well, I might use that criteria if it's made available to me. But that's my personal choice.

Again, your affinity for assumption precludes discussions involving other variables.

Phases such as "use slave labor" does as well.

You've posted on this site why you won't overpay for a given product. One example was an oil filter cutting tool. Why not buy one? Certainly if the guy who built it attends church and contributes in other ways to his/her community, you can carry away a new tool and the satisfaction you've done your civic duty.

In other posts you liken the worker layoffs as throwing people to the curbs.

Why not do your duty then and hire some of them as I suggested before?

Apparently money isn't a consideration since it shouldn't have been a consideration when companies lay off employees. You and those like you can rectify the situation by simply hiring those idled workers. Nevermind the money that it'll cost you as some will certainly go to church and contribute to the community in which you share.

And if you come back with a response "the corporate CEO's making millions never share in the suffering"...First, suffering I suppose is relative. The CEO isn't suffering like his/her laid off employees. Just like you aren't suffering like an African mother watching her child die from starvation.

Second try turning down the proclivity for assumption and eliminating your delusion you can think for others. That's difficult enough to do for yourself. That's not ridicule by the way. As one might expect. Doing my own thinking is hard enough and I make it a point to not do it for others. When I fail at those standards I've done them and myself a disservice. And I mostly fail at it when I'm under undue stress and lose my sensibilities.

Oh, I've read several posts made by you in this venue lately...not one carrying word rabble...only one Noble. What was it you posted in response to me once...oh I know...progress.

Quote:
Again, your affinity for assumption precludes discussions involving other variables.

As does yours
21.gif

Quote:
Phases such as "use slave labor" does as well.

Well, if one is constructing the reality of their own argument ..like you did, I don't see the issue you have with my version ..unless you object to your own freelance style. Now if you want someone to set some rules for comparative debate ..before hand ..and agree to abide by them ..then I guess we could dispense with the "well, you stole a pig" vs. "well you stole a cow" ..when one of us is a pig thief and the other a cattle rustler.

Quote:
You've posted on this site why you won't overpay for a given product. One example was an oil filter cutting tool. Why not buy one? Certainly if the guy who built it attends church and contributes in other ways to his/her community, you can carry away a new tool and the satisfaction you've done your civic duty.

Very simple. I had better places for the money to go. I had a friend who had one, but didn't really like always borrowing it. I got as much use out of it as he did, and he was an engine builder.

..but if the choice was buying one made in China or buying the identical item for a little more from a guy who made it down the street, I'd buy it down the street.

But let me get to the fundamental point that you seem to miss. I'm okay with everything you suggest. Go ahead.

Just don't then attempt to escape the unintended ..but immutable byproducts and consequences.

Don't engage in activities that will reduce the amount of taxes being paid by others ..and not expect to pay more yourself.

You attempt to create a "one way street" ..which is not only philosophically indefensible just about every applied law that there is.

There's no left without a right ..front without a back. Up without a down and a benefit without some liability.

You attempt to promote some notion that you're innocuous in your selection and choice. But we both know that this is not the case.

Well, I'm not sure where I made assumptions that involves how someone else thinks. I may misinterpret but that's different. For example, when you had made some reference to Tempest being a militia member, it's not exactly an assumption it wasn't some inference that he's an advocate of violence.

I've never once seem him post anything that advocates violence. Admittedly I've not read all his posts.

And he maintains a level of dignity in these forums most others do not.

What was funny is that after your rhetorical questions attempting to reveal how flawed my interpretation was, you did a turnabout and went on to directly (jokingly of course) suggest that he
'start shooting the vermin (or something to that effect)'.

Now, on the topic of buying American...would I prefer it? You bet.

Would I prefer to buy from local businesses? You bet.

Would I do it as an act of charity? Probably not. I already give to charities.

As an act of patriotism. Yes.

Would I include factors outside the product itself, it's cost, etc?

Yes.

Do I do this with everything I buy. Well that's been made impossible.

How do we get these industries back? I'm not sure.

Is it wise to empower the govt. to do this? I seriously doubt it. The govt is manned mainly (not exclusively) by far less capable people than the private sector and their political motivations inhibits pragmatism.

Can you please come up with a more intelligent question or something worthy of debate.

If not, hmm, why now just ****, eh?

I was just having some fun with you... You might try untying your nickers. Might feel much better and act rationally to a joke!
smirk2.gif

I didn't think your "fun" was funny.

My political persuasion has nothing to do with what I posted.

And what you posted contributes to the mob mentality.

You may wish to do some thinking on your own vs. regurgitating what your news media tells you to believe.

I don't think he intended it in malice ..but
21.gif

[/For example, when you had made some reference to Tempest being a militia member, it's not exactly an assumption it wasn't some inference that he's an advocate of violence.
quote]

This was my taking a poke at my arch nemesis in our comic book epic conflict. It's kinda a volley that can't really be returned since he can't (or hasn't) denied being a member of one ..even though I would fully support his right to do so. As I've said in the past, I think we're very much in the same fox hole. I just think he has the wrong targets. I think the casualties in his winning a few battles, will cost him the war. One must apply as much wisdom as one does principle and seek a best outcomes scenario.

At times one can encounter people of absolute conviction. One might compare it to two people from different cultures encountering a dollar on the street. One may suggest splitting the dollar or simply walk away. The other, if he can't have the whole dollar, will burn it and claim victory since he denied the other any of the dollar.

Who walked away as the non-loser?

Often victory, while good for feelings and pats on the back ..can be very very hollow when no fighting would have produced more in avoided losses.

Right now we're living a massive counter motion and aftermath to some very small victories. I hope that the parade was worth it.

I didn't think your "fun" was funny.

My political persuasion has nothing to do with what I posted.

And what you posted contributes to the mob mentality.

You may wish to do some thinking on your own vs. regurgitating what your news media tells you to believe.

smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Quote:
Our manufacturing moved to China because of out of control labor cost due mostly to labor unions.

Our manufacturing moved offshore due to the end of the Fair Trade Laws.
LOL.gif

Essentially, DaddyWarBucks got done milking us with defense spending (the last party was Vietnam) and, having spent the global surplus that we amassed from lack of competition, decided to broker off our equity.

Now we needed competition, most needy was the auto industry. We produced some pretty pathetic cars. They were crude ..but beyond that, you would find empty coke cans behind welded panels and brake wires wrapped around screws ..blah..blah..blah.

No biggie, all you need to do is manage the amount of trade you let in. All you needed to do is control the growth of trade. But that would "limit success!"
LOL.gif

So, the most influential Americans ..just sold fellow Americans down the river ..knowing that our basic selfish fundamental defects would not only make us want to profit off of our fellow Americans ..but that we could care less on whether or not they make a decent living.

They're right. We don't deserve it. We're too socially corrupt and immature
LOL.gif
We'll saw our own legs out from under us ..and blame the broken legs for our fall
crackmeup2.gif

You make it all too easy to get your willful participation in robbing yourself.
grin2.gif

Now do you see what Tempest finds so desirable? He wants each and every one of you to get EXACTLY what you deserve.
55.gif

That was cute with all the emoticons and such.

Sounds staight out of a union pamplet.

What are you talking about? I have had one union job ..and it held me back. My bosses wanted to make me a "white hat". Our dept wanted to secede from the union
grin2.gif

I've just conceded to every promoted feature that Tempest has proclaimed is the shining example of how you'll never manage to shut out the most shameful and repulsive aspects to humanity.

That's right out of the union book
crackmeup2.gif

But remember where the federal highway network came from ..fleets and many evolutions of gleaming strategic bombers ..putting a man on the moon ..ICBM's..schools ..libraries ..etc. ...all on the public dole....

..and now we can't even maintain the things at 25X the cost ..don't have the equipment to repave it if we wanted to in 20 years ..bridges falling apart. Can't field a standing military since or first string is down to minimum global security levels.

That's a pretty big elephant to remain invisible.

All those wonderful and vital things ..and the means to produce and maintain them ..were all brokered off by those of high station ..for their benefit ..and our loss.

The gubmint wants you to think it's simple as a V shape, when the reality is more like a crooked L. We'll be lucky if things start going up by the end of 2010. In the meantime, I advise you to start drinking heavily!

Originally Posted By: AcuraTech
The gubmint wants you to think it's simple as a V shape, when the reality is more like a crooked L. We'll be lucky if things start going up by the end of 2010. In the meantime, I advise you to start drinking heavily!

banana2.gif

It's a proven technique.

You have two cows. You drink a bottle of vodka and realize that you have 13 cows...you take a nap, get up, and drink more vodka and find you have 24 cows.

It's a proven technique.

You have two cows. You drink a bottle of vodka and realize that you have 13 cows...you take a nap, get up, and drink more vodka and find you have 24 cows.

Does that work with looking at your Bank-Book? If so what kind of Vodka should I buy for best results?
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
It's a proven technique.

Does that work with looking at your Bank-Book? If so what kind of Vodka should I buy for best results?
LOL.gif

Stoli is my personal favorite.

Basically business is like an auction house. You come out with a really good idea, try to sell it, someone then low balls your pricing for basically the same product.

What the nation needs is to re-write the books on law and taxes. The fundamentals of business have shifted. The number one rule of thumb for business is "invest in yourself". This actually held merit at one time. Invest in processes, tools etc that will allow you to perform better.

Manufacture higher quality parts, take care of the people who helped create the business, open communication. Unions were the labor force striking back, no longer do the upper echelon of corporations speak directly to their workers. Most of corporate America's problems can be solved by removing the useless positions(yes men), cutting top tier salaries and resolving the company debt. Union's were a direct result of poor conditions brought forth by companies who did not want to invest in the company, but the round tables wallets. Stockholders and the whole stock market are bad ways of gaining revenue. Your company is no longer yours. Google was a good example of this in their early days. Now they are at the whim of their shareholders.

Instead corporations want to remain fat, push their money into other companies(investing in others), hurting their workforce and all to please their investors at the expense of anyone and anything. Companies want to explode overnight into the next hot commodity, but once the steam runs out fall flat on their face. 3DFX was bound by their investors and torn apart. Their innovation faded as they were forced to operate in a manner that was harmful to their survival.

Gary hit the nail on the head, 3 companies, 2 situated in town, invest heavily locally. Investing in your own town shows that the company cares, that they care about the people in town. People will recognize this, but are often in a financial hardship to afford them. That is when the 3rd company looks more appealing. You get what you pay for though, if you watch the show Holmes on Homes(discovery), he basically has to fix most of the mistakes done by cheaper labor. If your going to do something, do it RIGHT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back