Utah officer in nurse arrest, fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to apologize for his actions, but I bet he was just following orders from above. Watch him now file a lawsuit.

I am totally pro police but this guy acted stupidly (as some POs often do) . I have no sympathy for him.
It's called 'common sense'....

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Not going to apologize for his actions, but I bet he was just following orders from above.

So were the GESTAPO .....

"That" doesn't make it right.

I don't think he was following orders. I think most cops just get into a power trip and that's what you saw here.
I would like to see more police prosecuted and dismissed because I believe they are out of control.
It's one thing to be stern another to be You will comply with my orders or else when dealing with the public and respecting people's rights.

What makes this case even more ridiculous is the fact (if I remember correctly) that the patient WASN'T a suspect.

If the officer just took a little time to procure a search warrant this whole thing could have been avoided.

The whole thing is even worse than you know. He was covering for the officer that slammed into the drivers truck. He was going to try and blame the whole thing on the truck driver if he could find alcohol or drugs in the drivers blood.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Not going to apologize for his actions, but I bet he was just following orders from above.

So were the GESTAPO .....

"That" doesn't make it right.

Talk about drama queen.

Not going to apologize for his actions, but I bet he was just following orders from above. Watch him now file a lawsuit.

Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse when you break an archaic traffic law, and get a ticket.

Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse when you break a new law just because you're following orders.

(Which, from what I remember reading, he was doing. He was told to arrest anyone that prevented him From Getting a blood sample.)

Originally Posted By: pbm
I am totally pro police but this guy acted stupidly (as some POs often do) . I have no sympathy for him.

I agree.

Originally Posted By: Blueskies123
The whole thing is even worse than you know. He was covering for the officer that slammed into the drivers truck. He was going to try and blame the whole thing on the truck driver if he could find alcohol or drugs in the drivers blood.

It was a suspect's pickup truck that crashed into the semi truck, as he lost control and crossed into oncoming traffic while being chased by Utah State Police at what appears from the dash cam video to be very high speed. The pickup driver died immediately in the crash. The Utah police have not said how fast the chase was going.

The only reason they stated for chasing the truck was that it was driving erratically. Maybe he was drunk. Such a guy is likely to crash, would you prefer it at 50 mph or 100?

Last edited:
Detective Payne deserved to be fired. Note his temper, lack of understanding of procedure for blood draw, and comments about bringing bad patients to this facility and good ones to others in his capacity as an ambulance driver.

His actions changed police access to patient care areas at this trauma center for the better. Police should never be allowed in these areas. Ever.

Next up is UU Police and Security who declined to protect Nurse Wubbels.

Sam

Agreed

So, any idea why the previous thread was locked for saying essentially the same thing everybody is saying now?

Last edited:

+1

Originally Posted By: RichardS
Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse when you break a new law just because you're following orders.

(Which, from what I remember reading, he was doing. He was told to arrest anyone that prevented him From Getting a blood sample.)

What, exactly, is the officer supposed to do? He gets fired for not following orders if he doesn't do it, and he gets fired because the situation blew up because he did? The one to fire is his superior who told him to do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back