USPS STILL IN NO CARRY LOAD

I track everything I send thru the post office. And, I see where stuff gets 'hung up' or 'paused' in shipping. They move a lot of mail to central processing plants, sorted, and then on their way. If I mailed a letter to my neighbor next door, it would go thru that facility 100 miles from here before being sorted into a box that comes back to the carrier in my town.

Weird stuff also gets flagged and delayed a week or two for postal inspectors inspection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mailed an oil sample 10 days ago

it’s only 30 miles from where I dropped it off.

USPS is worthless !!!!!!
I agree. Two weeks ago I got an important letter with a "respond by December 31, 2020" dead line printed on it. I try to avoid USPS until they can get their act together.

I agree. Two weeks ago I got an important letter with a "respond by December 31, 2020" dead line printed on it. I try to avoid USPS until they can get their act together.
After 10 days my sample has only managed to travel 30 miles to a drop off distribution center. I’d been better off to rent a carrier pigeon 🤦🏻‍♂️

No issues here. They are idiot managed gov't union employees. What do you expect from them?

I track everything I send thru the post office. And, I see where stuff gets 'hung up' or 'paused' in shipping. They move a lot of mail to central processing plants, sorted, and then on their way. If I mailed a letter to my neighbor next door, it would go thru that facility 100 miles from here before being sorted into a box that comes back to the carrier in my town.

Weird stuff also gets flagged and delayed a week or two for postal inspectors inspection.

Right..... except the slowdowns come from the top; recent appointment basically said changes made by him will cause slower mail.

I realize it is fashionable to blame the working man and unions for all issues It is a trend of lack of accountability

USPS is worthless !!!!!!
Did you put it in a box or just mail the plastic cylinder? My wix oil sample had a note included that said if you mail the cylinder it will take forever so put it in a box

Last edited:
Through my lifetime of hearing people grousing about things I've concluded that people frequently don't know much beyond their particular anecdote.
This is not to fully discount what any basic complaint might be.
However, you gotta appreciate odd-ball packages which slosh when a human shakes it as their own red flags.

Me, I'm lucky. A post office near me is steps away from an airport adjacent to a USPS distribution warehouse (whatever they call it). I swear, everything mailed there arrives a day sooner.

This is all being staged for a bailout, or some sort of favorable legislation from the current administration. They want people to start complaining to their elected officials.

The USPS is in a "slow down" mode. The only thing that they seem to deliver on time anymore are Amazon packages. From what I've observed, they'll pick up packages from the sender, but not scan it. After they park it for a day or two in a local Post Office, they'll finally scan it, and it will go to a regional hub, where it will be parked for another day or three without moving. Then they'll put it in the "stream" and allow it to proceed through the system. End result is a 2-4 day delay.

I have noticed that the local idiot Postmaster who threatened to call the police on me for showing up at the Post Office (after he hung up on me during a phone call) has disappeared. At the time, I let him know that it was a stupid move, as he was very easy to locate (yes, he was this stupid). He has been replaced with an "Officer In Charge" who is even more incompetent, and does as little as possible. This OIC probably isn't on site either, and is probably trying to run things from behind a desk in Chicago.

Last edited:

USPS is worthless !!!!!!
I've said this time and time again, and apparently it is worth repeating again.

Disguise it inside one of those light blue and white Amazon padded envelopes. It'll move right along, and they won't care as to what is inside.

They're just going to do the minimum required until they retire. You can see it in their faces when you stand in line at the counter. You've got plenty of time to stand there and observe.

I got sick of watching my packages get hung up in the processing center just 15 miles from my house. One spent 6 days there before moving again. I don't see USPS getting their act together until they're privatized, which will never happen, so....they're off the list. Fedex has been treating me right lately. UPS is too rough on my packages.

They're just going to do the minimum required until they retire. You can see it in their faces when you stand in line at the counter. You've got plenty of time to stand there and observe.

I got sick of watching my packages get hung up in the processing center just 15 miles from my house. One spent 6 days there before moving again. I don't see USPS getting their act together until they're privatized, which will never happen, so....they're off the list. Fedex has been treating me right lately. UPS is too rough on my packages.

It's definitely localized for which service is the best. I never get my mail. I've had late bills ,etc caused by not getting my mail. I've been able to switch to e billing for all but one. My mailbox is at the end of my road , as are all of the other roads on the lake. The mail service just sees the house number and drops it on whatever street has a #19. I get mail for #19 on the other streets and they all get my mail. it's crazy!

But Fedex has some pretty bad issues. The worst was a few years back one of my packages got held for pickup -- can't remember why they wouldn't deliver it -- at a yet-to-open facility. I spent a few hours on the phone over the course of a few days trying to explain to them that the place they were holding my package at was not open yet. Crazy! Fedex also likes to leave packages in the snowbank outfront or drop them right under the eaves to they get soaked.

It's definitely localized for which service is the best. I never get my mail. I've had late bills ,etc caused by not getting my mail. I've been able to switch to e billing for all but one. My mailbox is at the end of my road , as are all of the other roads on the lake. The mail service just sees the house number and drops it on whatever street has a #19. I get mail for #19 on the other streets and they all get my mail. it's crazy!

But Fedex has some pretty bad issues. The worst was a few years back one of my packages got held for pickup -- can't remember why they wouldn't deliver it -- at a yet-to-open facility. I spent a few hours on the phone over the course of a few days trying to explain to them that the place they were holding my package at was not open yet. Crazy! Fedex also likes to leave packages in the snowbank outfront or drop them right under the eaves to they get soaked.
Fedex actually makes the effort to put my packages behind the columns on my front porch. Not a huge deal, because package theft hasn't become an issue in my neighborhood, but UPS doesn't show that kind of consideration. I became wary of UPS when they lost a 24" drum fan, and other stuff showed up broken and wet.

Back