Using Toyota T-IV in transmission specifying Dexron III.

How about some helpful details like what vehicle, year and mileage.

Not sure why anyone would use Dex III over the specified T-IV, if you are looking for a low cost high quality T-IV replacement, try MaxLife

Using Dex III is like using a slide rule, why do it when there are better, newer alternatives.

How about some helpful details like what vehicle, year and mileage.

Not sure why anyone would use Dex III over the specified T-IV, if you are looking for a low cost high quality T-IV replacement, try MaxLife

Using Dex III is like using a slide rule, why do it when there are better, newer alternatives.
I'm asking about the opposite actully. My manual specifies Dexron III, but I want to use T-IV in it. I heard T-IV is just Dex-IIII with more additives. Vehicle is 2008 SuzukiSx4 with 195000 miles

Although I've owned vehicles(at the same time) that took Toy/Lex T-lV & Dexlll/Merc, I kept them separete. However I would agree that you could use T-IV in a Dex/Merc tranny but not visa-versa due to the lack of FM.
Unless you just happen to have some T-IV laying around, I wouldn't go hunting it down specifically to use in a Dexron required tranny when the proper ATF is easily obtainable.

Back