Using engine oil as atf

If you used engine oil would it act more like a non friction modified fluid such as type f or would it act like something highly friction modified such as atf+4 or dw1?
It would not act like any of those and would be a bad idea, because an incorrect FM chemistry is being used to upset the required dynamic coefficient of friction for wet clutch plates.
Makes sense.

While remotely interesting, I don't see how the Redline graph is material to the discussion of FM's in ATF's, especially as they relate to the wet clutch plates in AT's.
I found the graph germane to this discussion, as it depicts the coefficient of friction for an engine oil and an ATF, the topic of this thread.

I also found it curious that, as depicted in the graph, motor oil has such a high dynamic coefficient of friction: even higher than Red Line MTL, which "has a coefficient of friction which is greater than conventional oils," according to Red Line.

I found the graph germane to this discussion, as it depicts the coefficient of friction for an engine oil and an ATF, the topic of this thread.

I also found it curious that, as depicted in the graph, motor oil has such a high dynamic coefficient of friction: even higher than Red Line MTL, which "has a coefficient of friction which is greater than conventional oils," according to Red Line.

But the Redline graph is still non sequitur because Redline is not stating that each type of friction modifier (FM) has a different chemistry for each application and a different COF for different materials and surfaces.

It is a Marketing ploy that has no linkage to reality.

Back