Users unable to post being caused by firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwillson

Staff member
All,

Some users have been getting this error message:

"The host you are trying to send the input from is not a valid host"

If you get this message it is being caused by your firewall blocking the referer variable from being reported from your PC to our BITOG's server during a post.

Wayne

about:config

find network.http.sendRefererHeader

change from 2 to 0

Then, Firefox won't reveal past browsing history to other websites for advertising purposes etc. BUT some sites that use referral legitimately (like this one - I hope) won't work. But you can get an extension called refcontrol to control it site by site.

It's really no real threat but I'm anal.

MarkC - maybe a bad case of Norton Internet Security? At work our quality control system will be randomly shut down by Norton. We just tell them to disable Norton or create an exception for the program (in your case Adobe).

IE/FireFox actually blocks you from downloading the Adobe setup file? Try to find a different link to the setup file on a different site.

Have you tried going into the "set program access and deafaults" off the start menu in XP and see what it says for PDFs? Also, check in the download options in Firefox if that's what you use and see if PDFs are listed.

All the sudden I am getting "The form you submitted is no longer valid." Any clues? This is w/ Firefox and OX 10.2.8

When I try to go to the General and Offtopic forum from the main index it get the following error msg. This only happens when I set expanded topics, and only in the General and Offtopic forum.
How weird is that?
shocked.gif

When i tried to preview this post, I got the msg: This is an invalid rating. The 2nd. try, it worked ok.
------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

All the sudden I am getting "The form you submitted is no longer valid." Any clues? This is w/ Firefox and OX 10.2.8

I don't know the cause ..but my remedy is to hit the back button and then refresh the page. Works every time. This doesn't happen every time I post in the "quick relpy" ..but that's the only place that it occurs. It never happens when I hit an individual's post for the reply option.

Originally Posted By: preaction
What does that mean ?

You are replying to a post from 2006, it is probably not relevant to the board's current presence, FYI
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back