users of mobil conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think of the Mobil super 5000 oil? Any pros or cons ? Let me know I'm.seriously considering it so let me know what you think

I just switched over to mobil super 2000 which is the hm semi syn. I like it so far. Its in my older f-150. Startup oil flow is fast and I had no but still have no valvetrain noise. The previous oil was 10W30 pyb according to the window sticker and i had it in for around 5000km and about 8 months. It came out fine darker but fine. The oil at about 500km as of now is still nice and clear. looks brand new on the dipstick. So I cant comment on cleaning effectiveness. I think my engine was very clean to begin with. came from a change it quick penzoil user. I also put mobil super atf in the trans and will have it in the transfer case soon so I can comment on those mobil products as well. The trans seems to be shifting nice and the fluid that came out looked pretty darn good almost no color change at all so I think i have a good basis for determining if I like this brand and it works good in my application. I also used a mobil ep filter with this change so its kinda a complete set. I am also doing a uoa at 5000km and will most likely do a 7500km - 10000km oci. All depending on my uoa.

I know you said 5000 not 2000 but i think all mobil product seem to be as good as they seem its just a matter of which product you need. So far im down with the mobil products I have always been interested in them but never had the coin and know how to figure out what is best or better for me and my vehicles. Id say pour some in your car and see for yourself thats what i did. And plus if some of the guys use it on this site you know its good stuff.

Mobil Super 5000 has titanium in the add pack, which some on here have commented that they liked. Personally, I have never used it, but it has gotten some good feedback, as did the previous Mobil Clean 5000 oil.

I've used Mobil Super and am now using Mobil Super Syn. Best oil for the price out there for conventional imho. My engine runs smooth as silk on it Used it March to present and have seen .5mpg increase over the last 9,000 miles (I track all my mileage, oil changes, fuel ups) There have been a few UOA that have shown excellent results at 5-6k
The new Mobil Super =
01.gif

Last edited:
It's 3.49 a quart right now which ain't bad they also have a valvoline deal for 12.99 for 5 quarts a filter. Which would you guys pick of the two and with the prices being considered

Walmart you can get 5qts of mobil super for 13.54 then get a puro classic for 3.99 if you want the cheapest bang for your buck.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: chevyboy14
It's 3.49 a quart right now which ain't bad they also have a valvoline deal for 12.99 for 5 quarts a filter. Which would you guys pick of the two and with the prices being considered

Thats more than likely after a 7.00 mail in rebate

Sorry that was a typo it 19.99 for valvoline with a filter. They have Mobil 1 for 19.99

You mean 29.99 for the mobil 5qts 1

Last edited:
Oreilly auto they have Mobil 1 oreilly synthetic and Pennzoil platinum all for 19.99

No thats incorrect.
Its 19.99 for oreilly 5qts
its 24.99 for PP
its 29.99 for M1

Need to look below the 19.99 at the fine print

That's confusing. I see what your saying. I thought they meant that's the normal price and 19.99 was the sale price . Pp is usally 24 bucks that's why I thought that. Hmmm ill call them and ask because that's sort of misleading the ad Im looking at anyway

I just did an oil change on my Trailblazer. Used Mobil Super 5000 5w30 and a PureOne filter. I would say it's comparible to PYB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back