users of mobil conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't tried the latest version yet, but I have quite a stash of the Clean 5000 SM version. Excellent oil! Valvoline Conv. Oil Change Special $12.99 @ O'reilly's w/Fram filter and $13.99 @ Advance w/Puralotor Classic Filter. 5 Qt. Jug or 5 individual bottles. After $7 mail in rebate. Advance lets you buy additional qts. (up to 4) w/25% discount. O'Reilly's I'm sure would match.

I was using 15w40 rottella before that Quaker state 10w40 they were about the same so I hope the 5w30 ain't a huge difference

Been using mobil conventional in 03 chev pu since new. Have 111000 on it now and it purrs like a kitten. Last change I went to mobil super high mileage 5w-30, gas mileage increased 1 mpg. Love this stuff.

Well so far I've noticed my temp is down a hair and in traffic it doesnt heat up as quickly either. There's a noticeable difference . Now let's just hope its not going to drink it like crazy

I've been using Mobil conventional for around 8 yrs. I've used it in everything from a 455 Olds to a Honda with no issues. My truck just hit 160K and that's all it's seen since the factory fill. With the exception of the piston slap that the 6.0's are notorious for, the truck runs as good as it did when I bought it. Oil consumption has stayed the same since day one. I typically change the oil between 3,500 and 5,000 miles depending on usage but have gone as far as 8K (based off of OLM). Overall I think it's one of the best values on the shelf. Last time I bought it think I paid around $12 for the 5qt jug at Wally world.

I like the Mobil Super HM. Their HM 5w30 is actually (slightly) thinner than their regular HM, but the seal conditioners in it work very well (in my experience). Stopped oil consumption on my Taurus and the poof of smoke at startup after it sets for a while (leaky vale stem seals).

Originally Posted By: cchase
Running Mobil Super 5000 for the first time ever. Not impressed with engine noise when cold so far.

Odd, my wife's car quieted down considerably when I used Super 5000.

Originally Posted By: Mark72
Any of you who have had experience with PYB and Mobil Super..which one you like better?

See my post above. Super 5000 is nice and quiet in my wife's Corolla while PYB made the valvetrain sound somewhat 'dry'. The PYB may have been doing it's job real well, but it didn't sound like it.

I'm not going to use PYB in it again, but I'll give Super 5000 another shot after I use the NextGen I have waiting in the wings.

I also noticed that with PYB my Trailblazer had a ticking noise at startup that lasted about 15 sec. but is gone using the Mobil Super 5000...both were 5w30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back