User Name Meaning

What I used to say when I saw a pretty girl or a fast car during my high school and college days. So it became my nickname.

Originally Posted by Mercury321
3-2-1 we have liftoff! The Mercury 7.
Hey, another space nerd! I'm pretty bad ... some weeks ago my wife mentioned that she'd scheduled an appointment for March 23rd, and I commended her on doing so to mark the 55th anniversary of the flight of Gemini 3 (piloted by Mercury veteran Gus Grissom). But after 30-some years she's used to this sort of thing.

Originally Posted by Uphill_Both_Ways
When I was a kid we were so poor we lived in a cardboard box in the middle of the street because the neighbours wouldn't allow us on their front lawns. We were lucky we had a box that had contained a French Provincial colour TV-radio-phonograph combination. It was big enough for all 14 of us.

I had to walk to school 10 miles and 10 miles back every day, in raging blizzards at 40 below, barefoot and uphill both ways.

But now, ironically, I live in a house at the top of a hill, and of a quiet summer evening I sit on the porch with a fine cigar and snifter of brandy and watch my peasants far below weed my fields and change the oil in my car, cleverly disguised as a 2008 Chevy so I can safely make my weekly rounds collecting rent on their wattle-and-daub huts and raise their taxes.

https://youtu.be/_nL6isGPhzk
Luxury! (And you tell the young people now, and they won't believe you, no they won't.)

I played goal (poorly) when I was younger, and my hero was Blackhawks' goaltender Tony Esposito, who wore #35 for most of his career. I wore #35 as well, as did my goaltender son, who did Tony's number much more justice than I ever had.

Tony O.jpg

In Robert Salvatore's novels, a secondary character is Jarlaxle. In Menzoberranzan, a matriarchal theocracy where a "houseless rogue" is usually either enslaved or dead in a few weeks, he has not just survived, but thrived for more than a century. He is a wisecracker, very smart, hyper-prepared, and ALWAYS at least three steps ahead.

[Linked Image from mtgandmore.de]

Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN
I lived in a Monastery 4.5 years. I am a man. I am par with a Monkey when comes understanding motor oil. Left my cap locks on by accident when typing my user name.

What happened to Tweeter, though?
laugh.gif

BMW called he E36/5(3er hatchback) the Compact; my Club Sport was known as an M Sport in Europe- MCompact

My first truck was a 2001 Ranger XL.

Jarlaxle remembers me as pacodiablo
lol.gif
. That was nearly 20 years ago on pickuptrucks.com and Paco was my cat.

My cousin started calling me bachman in the days when I was in middle school. He's about 8 years my senior and I'll have to ask him one of these days but it probably coined from some combination of my name 'Brian' and the days of bachman turner overdrive .
My last name begins with "T" so I've been BT by many callers also.

Originally Posted by bachman
My cousin started calling me bachman in the days when I was in middle school. He's about 8 years my senior and I'll have to ask him one of these days but it probably coined from some combination of my name 'Brian' and the days of bachman turner overdrive .
My last name begins with "T" so I've been BT by many callers also.

BT are my initials and a lot of friends and coworkers call me that as well.

Dwight Frye was the name of the character actor who played Fritz the hunchback in the 1931 Frankenstein and Dracula's "assistant" Renfield in the 1931 film. He always cracked me up as a kid.

Mine is an old one based on cars I owned. I was on my Fifth 1987 Model Year car, which was a Chrysler Fifth Avenue.

My name is Anthony and my older cousin name is Anthony. When we were young and someone in the family called Anthony we both came running.

So me being younger I was called littlest and my older cousin was called bigant. I am 66 and he is 69 and the family still calls us littleant and bigant.

Originally Posted by littleant
My name is Anthony and my older cousin name is Anthony. When we were young and someone in the family called Anthony we both came running.

So me being younger I was called littlest and my older cousin was called bigant. I am 66 and he is 69 and the family still calls us littleant and bigant.

Reminds me of how I got "gebo." Very interesting.

Back