Useless Craigslist car ads posted by people who haven't a clue how to sell anything.

I once saw an "ad" on Craigslist for a 2008 either BMW or Mercedes. I think it was for a 530i or whatever that 2006-ish one was. The body style you could get the M5 V10 in. Okay.

It was a picture of a car on the street, pretty sure the flash obscured the license plate. Conveniently.

Ad said something about, "Lost the key! For sale! $500!"

I responded, and I was given a name to Western Union $500 to. Then the car would be mine......

The world is full of idiots, especially Craigslist. That guy is a moron, most people looking for a car like that will just assume his ad is a scam since it has no pictures. People lie about the actual condition of used cars enough as it is.

The world is full of idiots, especially Craigslist. That guy is a moron, most people looking for a car like that will just assume his ad is a scam since it has no pictures. People lie about the actual condition of used cars enough as it is.

"Mostly highway miles" means a great multitude of problems. Yes. lol

It's everyone, even the 'professionals' at car dealerships. I just messaged a dealership in Houston about a car I'm interested in. I specifically asked if the air conditioning is functioning, and if they have any records regarding the timing belt. A simple "no" would be a totally acceptable answer to either point...I just want to know.

Response: Good Morning Charles...2 OWNER CAR WITH 66000 ORIGINAL MILES GARAGE KEPT ALL ITS LIFE. LIKE NEW INSIDE AND OUT ALL ORIGINAL. RUNS AND DRIVES PERFECT COLD A/C NEW TIRES POWER LOCKS AND WINDOWS 5 SPEED TRANSMISSION.

I didn't e-mail them requesting the marketing jibber jabber about the car. But I got it. Now I know about the A/C. I wonder how many e-mails it will take to get their answer about the timing belt (which will be "I dunno"). It's not just Craigslisters.....it's almost everyone in the business too.
You got your answer on the timing belt, too.

"ALL ORIGINAL"

That means no new timing belt.

The only thing I hate is the people and the thought of how they would treat the car afterwards. My dad sold a 1994 Dodge Intrepid which he had bought for my sister she wasn’t interested in driving so he sold it and a mechanic bought it and took it down the interstate at 90mph and shot the water pump through the radiator then called back asking for his money back. It’s the stuff like that that bothers me not necessarily the time it takes or anything like that. Now I did find my truck on Craigslist and the lady was really nice and took a little off the price since I put a starter on her other vehicle for her.

I had a Dad buy my 2005 F150 for his son. The truck had 200K on it but ran perfectly. After they left my driveway, I got a call an hour later, they were furious about a CEL coming on (but the truck still ran fine). I asked what was happening when the CEL showed up. The Dad admitted his son was "topping it out" on the interstate to see what its top speed was.

Back