Used Tractor Hyd. Fluid...New Holland 134D&G

from Blackstone Labs...12-16-04 ...When the oil serves sintered bronze clutch discs we expect to find copper,lead and tin in the oil. Since this oil serves hydraulics, we think it is long past the point at which the oil should be changed. Typically, clean hydraulics do not have more than 10 ppm of any metals in them. Neither should the insolubles read this high. The TAN was 0.4, showing mild acidity. No moisture was found, but the oil is no longer serviceable. Alum 2 Chrom 1 Iron 32 COPPER 140 LEAD 67 Tin 4 Moly 2 Nick 0 Silver 0 Tit 0 Pot 0 Boron 19 Silcon 9 Sodium 5 Calcium 3037 Mag 18 Phos 1033 Zinc 1262 Barium 5 SUS viscosity 49.1 should be 50-59 insoluables 0.1 should be less than 0.1 Sauer Sundstrand hyd pump 828508400700 make up oil 1 gallon(approx) 1254 hours(electric)on fluid filters(3) changed twice during this period.

ABULL4U

New Holland 1997 7740 SLE 16x16 transmission 86hp Good question about what kind of cooler it has, I don't know. The cooler is located in front of the radiator on a slide so that you can clean the chaff off it. I'll check tomorrow to see if there is a manufacturer's data plate on it.

ABULL4U

I could not find a manufactures name on the oil cooler, the loader interferes with the cooler when attached, however the radiator is a Denso Marston. I will ask my dealer in a couple of weeks who makes the transmission cooler. I would take off the loader but I just cleaned the coolers and reattached loader 1 week ago for thewinter season.