Used Tractor Hyd. Fluid...New Holland 134D&G

Status
Not open for further replies.
from Blackstone Labs...12-16-04
...When the oil serves sintered bronze clutch discs we expect to find copper,lead and tin in the oil. Since this oil serves hydraulics, we think it is long past the point at which the oil should be changed. Typically, clean hydraulics do not have more than 10 ppm of any metals in them. Neither should the insolubles read this high. The TAN was 0.4, showing mild acidity. No moisture was found, but the oil is no longer serviceable.

Alum 2
Chrom 1
Iron 32
COPPER 140
LEAD 67
Tin 4
Moly 2
Nick 0
Silver 0
Tit 0
Pot 0
Boron 19
Silcon 9
Sodium 5
Calcium 3037
Mag 18
Phos 1033
Zinc 1262
Barium 5

SUS viscosity 49.1 should be 50-59
insoluables 0.1 should be less than 0.1

Sauer Sundstrand hyd pump 828508400700
make up oil 1 gallon(approx)
1254 hours(electric)on fluid
filters(3) changed twice during this period.

New Holland 1997
7740 SLE
16x16 transmission
86hp

Good question about what kind of cooler it has, I don't know. The cooler is located in front of the radiator on a slide so that you can clean the chaff off it. I'll check tomorrow to see if there is a manufacturer's data plate on it.

I could not find a manufactures name on the oil cooler, the loader interferes with the cooler when attached, however the radiator is a Denso Marston. I will ask my dealer in a couple of weeks who makes the transmission cooler. I would take off the loader but I just cleaned the coolers and reattached loader 1 week ago for thewinter season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back