Used tires: what do you folks do with yours?

I Ieave them with the shop that is installing the new tires. I pay whatever recycling/disposal fees are required, and the shop fulfills its role in "The Lifecycle of a Tire."

My dad uses one or two to split firewood chunks so the wood doesn’t fly out. I take mine to work as we pay maybe $1-2 per tire. The recyclers shred them apart, take the metal out of them and they reuse the rubber. Just wondering what you folks do with yours.

Have your dad watch this video.

My local dump takes tires for free.

when I was younger the farmers burned them to avoid frost on the tobacco in the fall. It created a smoke cloud that prevented the frost. Now days the irrigate to avoid frost.

for me I pay the bill and on there is a disposal fee. I hope the tire shop is recycling them.

just my $0.02

when I was younger the farmers burned them to avoid frost on the tobacco in the fall. It created a smoke cloud that prevented the frost. Now days the irrigate to avoid frost.

for me I pay the bill and on there is a disposal fee. I hope the tire shop is recycling them.

just my $0.02
Tire shops around my area take them to places where they shred them, remove the metal from them; then send the ground up rubber to power plants to be burned. One place near me sells the ground up rubber to place that makes running tracks etc

Back