Used oil: what happens to the remainder that can’t be re refined?

I apologize for nagging about used oil being re refined and such. I do wonder; the little bit or however much safety Kleen can’t re refine; what happens to that used oil? Asphalt extender or.....

Also, Safety Kleen cleans out our car wash bays and what becomes of that sludge and oily water, dirty residue? Thank You all

I doubt even 1% goes into being new motor oil again.

Safety Clean also sucks out our oil/water seperator pits and takes all of our waste oil drums at work. None of it is motor oil though. It's all high dollar turbine oil and various compressor oils.

I doubt even 1% goes into being new motor oil again.

Safety Clean also sucks out our oil/water seperator pits and takes all of our waste oil drums at work. None of it is motor oil though. It's all high dollar turbine oil and various compressor oils.

All of our used oil is car and truck and some diesel motor oil. We generate over 580~gallons every two weeks. Plus the filter crusher extracts i’d say 1/2 quart out of each used filter. Except for cartridge filters

All of our used oil is car and truck and some diesel motor oil. We generate over 580~gallons every two weeks. Plus the filter crusher extracts i’d say 1/2 quart out of each used filter. Except for cartridge filters

Sounds like your company could benefit from an old oil burning furnace and an antique slow turning diesel genset that doesn’t care what you feed it

Where our company is located at prohibits that. I do take some to a friend that has old diesels and some he filters out and re uses

Good LAWD that's a lot of oil changes!!

Some of our compressor skids hold 600-800gal each but it doesn't need to get changed often.

Good LAWD that's a lot of oil changes!!

Some of our compressor skids hold 600-800gal each but it doesn't need to get changed often.

Place I used to work we averaged 400 gallons a day not counting equipment and P&D Trucks. 40 linehaul trucks a day and 40 Quarts each.

Place I used to work we averaged 400 gallons a day not counting equipment and P&D Trucks. 40 linehaul trucks a day and 40 Quarts each.

Gene K: yeah, real dads old company or natural gas drilling company had hundreds of 1980’s Mack “R” models day cabs. Said they held like 40-50 gallons unless I’m wrong

Gene K: yeah, real dads old company or natural gas drilling company had hundreds of 1980’s Mack “R” models day cabs. Said they held like 40-50 gallons unless I’m wrong
Most likely quarts. Typical class 8 holds 36 - 58 quarts 40 - 50 gallons sounds more like a hydraulic fluid tank. If they were dumps or something that used a PTO to drive a pump.

Most likely quarts. Typical class 8 holds 36 - 58 quarts 40 - 50 gallons sounds more like a hydraulic fluid tank. If they were dumps or something that used a PTO to drive a pump.

yeah, I figured I was way off. Dad still has his R model 1982 mack he bought off the company too. Diamond plate back area and heck of a winch on it

Back in the old days (pre catalyst of course) we'd filter the used motor oil through a nylon stocking and add it to the fuel tank on the Chevy pickup.
One quart per 20 gallon tank or about 80:1
Dad said it would lube the valves and valve seats but I'm not sure if he knew what he was talking about.
Far as I know, it never had any negative effect except maybe emissions.

Back in the old days (pre catalyst of course) we'd filter the used motor oil through a nylon stocking and add it to the fuel tank on the Chevy pickup.
One quart per 20 gallon tank or about 80:1
Dad said it would lube the valves and valve seats but I'm not sure if he knew what he was talking about.
Far as I know, it never had any negative effect except maybe emissions.

yep, pollution at its finest 🙊🙊

Back