USED Mobil 1 M1-111 C&P 7K miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutting for a friend. He is possibly the biggest oil thicky fan out there. 2 quarts Lucas and 5 quarts M1-HM 10w-30. Ran for 7-8K miles.
Vehicle: 2002 Chevy 2500 8.1L 251K miles.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Kjmack
Just a observation , isn't that filter on the small side for such a large engine ?
It has to be because its in such a tight and awkward spot.

Filter looks good but I sure don't understand that oil choice. Why not just run a 15-40 HDEO if he likes thicker oil?

Originally Posted by stoan
Filter looks good but I sure don't understand that oil choice. Why not just run a 15-40 HDEO if he likes thicker oil?

I've told that to him a few times. Apparently he likes gear oil viscosity in his engine.

The residual oil looks good imo,no gritty pieces sitting in the filter like we see sometimes here.

This blend has a KV100 of about 40 cst, a good distance north of the 70wt nitro draggers use... I don't think anyone makes stuff this thick.

Originally Posted by Dyusik

This blend has a KV100 of about 40 cst, a good distance north of the 70wt nitro draggers use... I don't think anyone makes stuff this thick.

Using the widman calculator, M1 HM 10w-30 (KV100 = 12.0 cSt) x 5 quarts and Lucas Oil Stabilizer (KV100 = 124 cSt) x 2 quarts (71% M1 blend) comes out to 20.98 cSt.

It's still double the viscosity that engine needs. It also dilutes the additives heavily. The zinc and phosphorus levels in that mixture would be <600 ppm. Pretty much take all of the additives in M1 HM 10w-30 and slash them by 30%.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back