Used Half Quart of Mobil EP high mileage by mistake, should I drain oil now?

These guys don't know what they are talking about. First of all, you have mixed synthetic with regular oil. The polarity of the long chain amino acids in the EP (that's what makes the seals swell up) being only a small portion of the overall mix will
in effect pull the regular oil away from the aluminum metals (aluminum having magnetic properties) in your engine and cause it to volatize and in turn clog the front chamber of your catalytic converter. Sometimes, these guys try and pull people's legs because they are trying to be cute. That's one thing you have to aware of on this forum. Most everybody is full of lube. But you can trust me.

I would drain the oil. Do not drive in anymore. Drain the oil. Remove the oil filter. Get some nonethanol gasoline, kerosene, and marvel mystery oil. Mix 1/3 of each in a gallon jug and a 1/2 gal jug. Fill a new oil filter with Kreen and carefully reinstall trying not to spill any. Replace drain plug and torque to proper specs. Start the engine and set idle at 2500 rpms. SLowly add the 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 mix. It may idle rough and make some knocking noises at first but that is just those long chain amino acids not wanting to release from the aluminum parts in your engine. You will probably get a check engine light but no worries. Just unhook your battery and it will go away immediately. Run the mix for approx 35-45 miles with max rpm never above 6000, drain and refill with new oil and new filter.

Please keep us posted. Some followup pics would me be nice. FYI, I have not been drinking or using non prescribed drugs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Gebo
These guys don't know what they are talking about.

by replying in such a manner you sir are indeed feeding the troll.
[Linked Image from st3.depositphotos.com]

Wouldn't a full engine tear down, wipe down, and reassembly with engine assembly lube be better Gebo??

Originally Posted by Rand
These guys don't know what they are talking about.

by replying in such a manner you sir are indeed feeding the troll.
[Linked Image from st3.depositphotos.com]

It's a friend of his.

This is great.

A side of you we haven't seen before
smile.gif

These guys don't know what they are talking about. First of all, you have mixed synthetic with regular oil. The polarity of the long chain amino acids in the EP (that's what makes the seals swell up) being only a small portion of the overall mix will
in effect pull the regular oil away from the aluminum metals (aluminum having magnetic properties) in your engine and cause it to volatize and in turn clog the front chamber of your catalytic converter. Sometimes, these guys try and pull people's legs because they are trying to be cute. That's one thing you have to aware of on this forum. Most everybody is full of lube. But you can trust me.

I would drain the oil. Do not drive in anymore. Drain the oil. Remove the oil filter. Get some nonethanol gasoline, kerosene, and marvel mystery oil. Mix 1/3 of each in a gallon jug and a 1/2 gal jug. Fill a new oil filter with Kreen and carefully reinstall trying not to spill any. Replace drain plug and torque to proper specs. Start the engine and set idle at 2500 rpms. SLowly add the 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 mix. It may idle rough and make some knocking noises at first but that is just those long chain amino acids not wanting to release from the aluminum parts in your engine. You will probably get a check engine light but no worries. Just unhook your battery and it will go away immediately. Run the mix for approx 35-45 miles with max rpm never above 6000, drain and refill with new oil and new filter.

Please keep us posted. Some followup pics would me be nice. FYI, I have not been drinking or using non prescribed drugs.

It is my bed time and I'm trying to avoid bath time. I normally get 1 chocolate covered cherry after bath time but I'm hiding downstairs holding out for two. I got lots of time to think 🤔.

It is my bed time and I'm trying to avoid bath time. I normally get 1 chocolate covered cherry after bath time but I'm hiding downstairs holding out for two. I got lots of time to think 🤔.

Sounds like some nice hotels I've stayed in. Are your sheets turned down too?

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Sad state of replies

It really is. Goodnight, kschachn.

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Sad state of replies

It really is. Goodnight, kschachn.

I'll vote for that for sure !

Let mom bathe you.

Originally Posted by TexasMemon
Hello Everyone,

I put in a Half Quart of Mobil 1 EP High Mileage oil by mistake in my 2014 Camry. Usually I use the regular Mobil 1 EP oil. Should I go ahead and drain it all out? I have been reading conflicting things about how HM oil can swell seals. I do not have any oil leaks and would not want any seals or gaskets to swell. What do you guys think, should I change the oil to play it safe or should I be fine? Thank in advance everyone.

I think this was missed but I didn't read every post carefully - I just skimmed the thread.

>> Why did you have to add oil to a Camry? How many miles on the Odometer?
Are you using an oil with sufficiently low volatility? Should be under 8.3% g_delta at least

Something is wrong here....Unless you just changed to Mobil 1 EP, which is a lot of synthetic, comparatively.

If you just tried this synthetic oi for the first time, l you may have some burning as it loosens gum around the rings.

Once you notice it start's burning , run the engine hard -- like in that movie Ronan - to clean out the pistons.

This message is just not for the OP, but for anyone reading to glean knowledge from this forum

That what it's really for.

you could probably mistakenly add a pint of canola oil to a 2014 toyota camry oil change and still be ok. im being facetious but trying to make a point. i would rather run an engine with a pint or even quart of something different than run it a pint or quart low.

Back